Thread: Layering Lycra
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 AM

I try to get in 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day of stationary rowing. Sometimes the movies on the TV arent good enough to keep my mind fully occupied. I like to try and make every stroke count! Some good movies also makes the time fly. I tend to break these rowing sessions up in 30 minute increments, with 15 minute breaks.

Seriously, the stretch fabrics are the garb of choice for stationary rowing, as avery arm and leg joint is involved, sometimes in extreme positions. The football pants are a heavier fabric, and put morepadding on the rowing seat and my bottom.

I also have a nice weight machine. The problem is I injur=ed myself too many times trying to lift heavier weights. So in recent years I've opted for lighter weights in the 60-70 pound range with many short repititions.

The combination of rowing machine and weight machine is fantastic, pretty much an anti-aging scheme. I stay steady at 5'10 and at 150-151 lbs. I track my weight on a digital scale on a daily basis, and can now compare what I weigh today versus exactly 1 year ago today. Today I weighed 151 lb even. A year ago 150.8. Yesterday I weighed 150.8 lbs. A year ago yesterday I also weighed 150.8 lbs. I can't fault an exercise/diet routine that keeps my weight that steady. I'm comfortably wearing my super skinny jeans with a 31" waist to work today. Over the past 5 years, I've gradually gone from a 33 inch waist down to 31 inches.

Sebbie