View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 AM

Default Speedo Sightings

The guys on this forum are predisposed to wear swim briefs, but I'm curious to hear stories about where you've seen other people wearing them. When have you seen someone else wearing Speedo (briefs only, please)? Include details.

I'll start with a couple of my own.

I had a connecting flight through Iceland recently, and there was enough time to visit the Blue Lagoon. It's a big geothermal pool for relaxation. Icelanders have a tradition of showering nude, so everyone is expected to take a nude shower before putting on their swimsuit and entering the pool. They've installed some enclosed shower stalls for those less comfortable. People are coming from all over the world. About 50% seemed okay showering in the open. Some people managed to avoid the rule and showered in their swimsuits. The locker attendants will occasional remind people that they need to be naked. It's a large pool, and there are probably 150 people there. I'd say I probably saw about 10 other guys in swim briefs. Most were in shorts. The women wore a 50/50 mix of one-piece and bikini style swimsuits.

Back home at the gym, I was walking into the coed spa area when a high school age guy was coming back to the locker room in a navy blue Speedo with the name of his school on the back. The drawstring was untied and hanging out. He came back to the spa area a minute later with water and joined his girlfriend who was wearing compression short and a sports bra. They hung out for a little while before going back to their respective locker rooms. On one other occasion, I was getting dressed for my workout and saw him change into the same Speedo and go into the spa area.