View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Look at it this way

1. Wearing swim briefs is really all about developing the confidence to become comfortable in your own skin. Developing confidence in who you are is a good thing not a bad thing, and if wearing a swim brief becomes a step it that, then that is good too.

2. Wearing a swim brief is not about to age, build, weight or anything else of that sort, despite what you might read on the Internet. However,

3. People with weight and other similar issues is a big social problem in the US, an increasing issue in Europe, but seemingly less of an issue in most of Asia.

4. If a guy gets into a swim brief, looks at himself in a mirror, and concludes he could lose some weight and tone some muscles in order to look better, if the suit provides a real incentive to start exercising and lose some weight in order to look sharper when wearing the brief in public, I say that is good.

5. While guys with body weight and exercise avoidance issues might try to "hide" the problem by choosing to wear big board shorts, or for that matter, oversize shirts, jeans etc, they are attempting to cover up rather than confronting the problem. This is really an issue in not having self confidence and exercise avoidance.

6. Swimming is a great exercise that can help a guy to lose weight and develop muscularity. But as some of you have probably figured out by now, I don't swim, but I have other exercises that I am obsessive about, namely stationary rowing, stationary cycling, and weights. And I do have a hot tub so I get to use my suits there. And a lot of my motivation for engaging in this exercise routines regularly has to do with body image and how I look in a swim brief as a consequence of all the exercise, particularly so in this rather late date in my life.

7. I've seen lots of discussions on this blog that basically say "I would like to try wearing a swim brief, but I am fearful that my body won't be perfect and that others will laugh or be offended" i say, "What difference does it make?" I am fascinated by these guys who wear board shorts to and around the pool but then strip down to a swim brief underneath just before diving into the water. I've always thought that was a good way for guys to build their confidence about being increasingly comfortable in their own skins. And if the whole process leads them to a more aggressive regular exercise program while improving their daily diet, I say all the better.

8. All this other stuff that gets discussed regularly here, like having solo fun in your swim briefs, is just a side series of issues. I have been known to provide occasional and what I hope to be helpful advice on what I have learned over the years about that stuff, too, but I don't want the newcomer swim brief wearer to get bogged down in that part :-) To the extent that the regulars here focus on what happens if you get an erection while at the pool wearing a swim brief, we may make potential new wearers fearful of going out in public wearing just a swim brief.