View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 01:55 PM

Byron, the Web site has been up in various versions for 25 years, and has continued to get a lot of of hits each month. Unlike other sites, I have paid for the server space myself, and have not accepted ads from outside nor asked anyone to support the site in other ways. Last year I got the idea to try doing a paper copy book on Amazon,with the thought that maybe some of the site vistors would order the book. But that idea hasn't worked out to any degree. Quite a few people still visit the site each week, but no one seems interested in buying a paper copy book.

I am not quite to the point yet where I want to make the book available as a free download, in part because if there were lots of downloads it would probably cost me more money to do, as the server company charges extra if there was a lot of use. Nor am I at the point where I want to start taking in ads. For the moment I'm still debating strategy on the whole idea. I've thought of shutting down the Web site entirely, but the stuff remains popular.

I think the paper book I wrote is by far my best work, but especially if you like reading the stuff on the site..

Sebbie