View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 03:18 PM

The blue speedo made bikini I referred to in my original post was bought in Jersey in late 70s I think. I found it in a multi store of all places in a corner beside other swimwear. Couldn't believe it as I'd never seen anything so skimpy by speedo. It was made of a Lycra/spandex type fabric and was very stretchy. There were a number of panels to as two front to make up the pouch and they joined the main rear panel at the side which as only about 1.5cm wide. They had white and a pale royal blue colour. I so wanted a white pair but when I tried it on in the changing room with a semi hard on it was obviously a size small causing quite a bulge. My embarrassment was complete when the sales lady just came in and saw me. She was really good about it and suggested I try the size bigger which was the blue one. I really loved that suit and wore it many times on holidays for years after. Not sure what became of it though. My surprise was that it was officially speedo as I'd never seen anything like it or since then! Anybody else remember or had this suit?