Thread: The Tornados
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 05:42 PM

Smile What's going on with Nick?

Writer's note: Since STS and I are the only ones writing this story (although others are welcome to contribute), and we both live in different parts of Maine where we have had over 100" of snow thus far, we should consider changing the name of the team and story to "The Blizzards"...lol

As the guys filed into the locker room, there was the usual banter about a tough workout, how hot the girls looked, and some excitement about the competition the coach had created among the groups.

But there was no excitement, banter, or even conversation between Nick and Jimmy. Jimmy and Ashish had come in together still talking about the suit that Ashish's cousin was going to send Jimmy.

But Nick just headed for the bench in front of his locker and sat head down with a real scowl on his face. He was angry, hurt, and even a little bit jealous. "Why the hell is this bothering me so much?" he thought.

Jimmy knew something was bugging Nick, but as a naive 15 year old he had no idea what it was. "Is Nick pissed at me because Ashish offered to get me a colorful suit like his?" he thought. "Or is he mad because I didn't look over to him before we started the drills? Maybe I really f...d up."

Jimmy really didn't have a clue when he walked over to where Nick was sitting and approached him. "Is something wrong, did I do something to piss you off?", Jimmy asked. Nick simply replied, "no, nothing's wrong" in a very gruff tone, without even looking at Jimmy.

"Look, Nick, I know you're pissed, but I have no idea why, please tell me. Is it because Ashish is going to get his cousin to send me a suit like his? I asked you if you wanted one too, but you didn't even answer" Jimmy said.

Nick barely looked at Jimmy because he was so angry and felt like he really wanted to hurt Jimmy as he answered, "hey, numb nuts, are you stupid or something, you really have no idea why I'm pissed."

Feeling angry himself, Jimmy in a rising tone of voice said, "If I knew what the hell was going on I wouldn't be asking you."

While all this was going on, Bryan was in the stands watching Stefi's swim and as he regained his energy, he felt those stirrings in his man parts and pretty soon he had a raging boner. "Uh, he thought to himself, "I better get into the locker room and into the shower really fast!"

Nick turned towards Jimmy and hissed, "why don't you go back to Ashish, the guy you think is so good looking and looks so good in his tiny suit - you can talk about what colors you want in your suit - the two of you could even arrange to be color coordinated."

"Nick, cut the sarcastic s...t and just tell me."

"OK, you asked for it. Ever since Ashish was assigned to your group, you totally ignored me. You didn't look over at me before we started the drills like you usually do. It made me feel like I didn't exist and like you didn't give a damn about me. That's why I'm angry and hurt, and, as much as I don't want you to know this, a little jealous."

"Dude, I would never want to make you feel that way. You're my friend, my buddy, and like we were talking the other day, there's something more between us that we're still trying to figure out. That's not how I feel about Ashish or Bryan or anyone else. It's just between us. I'm really sorry you felt so bad and especially if I was responsible for that by being so dense."

Nick was completely disarmed by what Jimmy said, "Well I'm glad you understand how I felt. You know me, I do sometimes overreact, but just hearing you say those things makes me feel better."

At this point, acting like a wiser 15 year old, Jimmy told Nick, "don't ever let anything come between us and always tell me what's going on, just like I'll expect that of you. But I want you to know that Ashish is a friend too, so don't get all pouty when I hang out with him."

"OK dude, we're cool. I'm sorry I made such a big deal out of this. I can't give you any guarantee, but I'll try to not get so crazy again. And we still have lots that we need to talk about."

Just then, Bryan came into the locker room with his huge bulge, saw his buddies and said, "hey why so serious? Are you guys pissed about the competition and that Ashish and Jimmy's team won?"

Not wanting to say what was really going on, both guys said, "yeah something like that." Then Jimmy said, "I see someone was getting a little excited watching Stefi swim."

"Man, you better either take care of that boner or jump in the shower real fast," Nick laughed, "before the other guys see you and start in on you."

"Yeah, I think you're right" Bryan answered. And then as all was well for the time being, all three guys headed for the showers.

Last edited by Dooley67 : 03-01-2015 at 08:51 PM.