Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:37 PM

Default turn-ons

It is always interesting to experiment privately with situations (and items of clothing) that could have the effect of turning you on. These are useful experiments to run, in part because they are fun to engage in privately, when you have no sexual partner to engage in sex play, but they are also excellent learning activities that can allow you to learn about fun activities between you and a partner.

There is really no significant down-side to all of this, especially if you like to do this as a solo activity. Having said that, not too long ago, however, I got a letter from a guy who revealed that he got very turned on by just thinking about the possibility of getting into a brief-style swimsuit, and was anxious about how this might affect his life with a potential partner. Straight guys who have swimsuit turn-ons usually are particularly worried about how what they should “do” with such turn-ons when they get into a relationship, particularly in a relationship with a woman. Does a relationship with a woman mean that suddenly all of these other turn-ons will simply evaporate into the atmosphere? I do not think so!

These questions about clothing related turn-ons and what to do with them in a relationship are not easy to answer. Women are wired very differently from men when it comes to sexual turn-ons, and for a woman it is all about the relationship with the partner. For most women, clothing fetishes of all sorts simply do not compute, and many women are surprised to learn that they got into a relationship with a guy who, in at least some instances, the woman is not at the center of a guy’s sexual arousal. This is part of a larger set of issues relating to a guy’s interest in and engagement in solo sex while in a relationship with a woman. A lot of women start to scream and then cry uncontrollably when they accidentally discover that a guy is engaging in solo sex in the bathroom or shower, and a swimsuit, strap or other snug-fitting garment would make the screaming and crying only that much worse. This is just an extension of the ideas girls learn from their mom’s growing up about sex and guys. These same girls as adults simply cannot believe that what they thought they knew about guys from their moms was sadly incomplete and inaccurate.

Gay guys as a group seem to have fewer issues with these clothing-related turn-ons of all sorts. Why? Because most guys know that this was part of their sexual being dating from even before puberty. I must have been only five or six when I discovered that I really enjoyed getting into and wearing certain clothing items, particularly anything that fit realy snuggly around my genitals. In the early days, I did not fully understand what was going on and exactly why this happens, but I certainly did know that what I had “gotten myself into” was a heck of a lot of fun. Growing up, I thought that as I became an adult and started getting into relationships with a partner, then these silly “interests” would somehow evaporate as simply something I enjoyed in my younger days. But now, in my late 60s, I can confidently assure you that my interest in these activities did not decline in the least. OK, I admit, I have never had a partner or even been in a serious relationship, in part because I was struggling myself with what to do with these other “interests” in a relationship. Are there partners who would not only put up with such interests, but better still, enjoy similar kinds of things? That remains only a fond dream. No one here would ever admit to that!

I have this collection of “stuff”. The guys here pretty much know what this stuff includes and can pretty well guess what is is in the collection as many of you have analogous collections of your own. I keep seeking out things that keep me, sexually turn-on wise, a little out-of-kilter. The unexpected, and indeed, the anticipation of the unexpected, is part of the fun. Swim briefs always are a good starting point, but I am always in search of another pair that is going to be smaller and tighter than any I already own.

A lot of you appear to be on the same quest I am on. Unlike some of you, however, I keep swapping back and forth between swim briefs and other possibilities. Jock straps too, are always fun. The whole idea is to wear something that keeps me aroused and thinking about the sensations coming from my genitals, but not so aroused that I go into an orgasm quickly. Hours-long arousal is better. Far better. For me, this has all been a learning activity, learning how to stay aroused but not immediately getting past the point of no return and go into an orgasm. This has been something I have only gradually learned how to do, control I only wish I could have had when I was, say, 12 or 13. But it is also a set of skills that could prove advantageous in a relationship, especially a relationship with a (male) partner who would like to learn how to be able to do the same thing…an entire afternoon of erotic pleasure.

This, what I like the most are items that keep me somewhat aroused for long periods of time, perhaps, say, an entire afternoon. I got up this morning longing to spend some time in a strap, a really snug strap. I know just the one. It is right here handy in a drawer. It has one of those really wide elastic waistbands, but being a Youth “Large” it is not very big. Just big enough to fit, however snuggly. I’m going to engage in my usual exercise routine today, involving stationary rowing and bicycling, so what I am wearing has got to “work” for that. My exercise routine will go more quickly to the extent that I am continuing to “enjoy” myself while engaging in the activities.

I decided I could use a bit more “padding” on my bottom for exercise than just the strap, which leaves me bare-butt, so over the strap I slipped a pair of “youth size 10-12” tighty whiteys over the top of the strap. They just fit. And over all of that, a pair of neat steel gray Starter compression shorts, and a compression tee on top. I am all ready to exercise, but also, I am feeling really good in the groin area as I write this. The sensations coming from my groin area are “snug” but erotically not uncomfortably so. Sometimes just for fun I also add a hard cup, but not today. I’m getting plenty back from just the combination I am wearing. Somehow I just “know” when I have hit on the right combination, and this is certainly right. The idea of finding a training partner who would like to experiment with the same remains a dream, but only a dream. Perhaps there is someone out in cyberspace who would like to experiment and play with this. Maybe send me a message and we can share some more ideas for cyber fun.

Sebbie