View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
... get yourself a skin suit. A skin suit with short sleeves and legs would feel amazing ... having no separate shirt to pull down you'll feel exposed

I enjoy wearing a triathlon skinsuit (short legs, no arms) at the gym - the feeling of body-clinging and 'exposure'. The padded crotch liner on trisuits is thinner than with cycling shorts (nice!) but does keeps the bulge under control. A search for 'trisuit' on ebay, lowest-price-first, can throw up some very reasonably priced new (unbranded) suits.

The great thing about wearing a trisuit at the gym is that you have the perfect response to any snide comment - which I've never had, nor even any second glances (apart from the 'special' suit mentioned below): "I could be out in the street in public wearing this!"

Which is true .. more or less. I have a couple of 'special' trisuits (both discontinued long ago) which I only wear at the gym on 'special occasions' : one, a Zoot trisuit in pure white, no contrasting colourway except for light grey logo (perfectly decent, thick material, not see-through at all - but nevertheless rather posey!), and the other a Cranesports white trisuit with a large England flag (simple red cross of St George) emblazoned on the front, with matching-colour red legs, which I wear if team England are playing a football or rugby match later that day, sufficiently far into an international tournament to have wide piublic attention. That one does get some second glances ;-)

This all reminds me that I have often toyed with the idea of getting the legs on a trisuit shortened (they are already short as in above-the-knee, but I would prefer defintely more than halfway up the thigh). Now that men's shorts have got shorter generally in the last couple of years, I must follow that up - I think I could wear a shortened-leg suit at the gym without being seen as having crossed the line into outright posing.

The other aspect that I have toyed with is wearing a trisuit without crotch padding (I own an adidas-branded one), wearing underneath a (women's) Spanx seamless control undergarment. The 'plus' would be the loss of the padded liner, so a nicer feeling of 'exposure' whist still keeping the bulge under control; the 'minus' would be the double layer of material (undergarment, and trisuit itself) over my butt in particular, reducing that nice sensation of single-layer skin-hugging lycra. I've tried wearing a thong as an undergarment, but the smooth contour of the trisuit over the hips is disturbed by the side straps being outlined through the material

Last edited by Mike7362 : 01-24-2021 at 06:11 AM.