View Single Post
Old 12-24-2023, 01:00 PM

Default On Bike Straps and Speedos®

Young males have long been apprehensive about two male rites of passage. The first, of course, is getting into and then wearing in a public setting your first Speedo, or swim brief of another brand such as Tyr or Arena. Many guys greatly fear this, but somehow, they are also, in an interesting way, excited about the situation. After all, anything that fits that snug has got to result in some “interesting” sensations, but who knows where that might lead. The trick was to learn how to “cope” with the situation and definitely not get “too aroused” just trying on the suit. Then there is the question of understanding if your peer males were having the same “issues” and how they were coping with something that is almost never openly discussed with your peers.

Meanwhile, the guys who were not involved in competitive swimming were not stuck in this situation, but if they were like me they deeply admired the guys who had this “problem” and were somehow coping. How were they able to sustain themselves without getting a firm hard-on and maybe even ejaculating inside the swim brief? Of course, the male swimmers were probably close to a pool, and if they felt an uncontrollable urge coming on they could always hop in the pool before anyone notices the ejaculate forming from inside their briefs, but timing here was everything.

For someone not involved in competitive sports as a teenager, like me, the Bike® straps the guys wore as “protection” were an equal mystery, but also, possibly equally arousing. The typical strap in these old days consisted of a wide heavy duty elastic waistband (3-inches) connected to a rubberized heavy- duty pouch that was quite rough-textured. The lower part of this pouch was sewn to two narrower (½ inch wide elastic leg straps, which held the pouch firmly in place. The pouch may have a slot for a hard cup, and the hard cup pouch was usually closed at the top with two metal snaps. The cups were made of a plastic material that would not likely shatter if hit from the front, and the classic cup was not quite flat, with barely enough room to contain a guy's flaccid penis, and even then, once in, the guy could feel the walls for the unroomy cup around his penis. A bit uncomfortable, but also erotic.

Of course, not all guys were in sports where there was any real danger of getting hit in the groin area, but they still wore the straps, which were designed to keep the penis and balls close to the body and not get injured in other ways during the game. The cups were required in the contact sports such as football, and in baseball where an errant pitch that landed in the groin area could do serious harm without the cup protection. All of what I just explained was going on in a guy’s head contemplating wearing a strap for the first time, but in particular a strap with a pocket for one of the old-style snug-fitting hard cups.

There is more interesting stuff going on here. Aside from the idea that any classic strap with leg straps leaves a guy butt-naked, you have guys in locker rooms wandering around with their peers who are also butt naked. To cope with this butt-naked nudity, some guys used to wear tighty whiteys under the strap. And for the guys who must wear a cup for sport, what happens if they “grow” even a little inside such a confined area. The dilemma being that penises greatly “enjoy” being in tight spaces, and reward the guy with fabulous sensations as compensation for the tight situation they are in.

I have been running an experiment sleeping in a modern strap This strap is branded BSHETR and I purchased it on line. The write-up told me that the sizing runs small and I should upsize one slot from my normal size. In this case, I would ordinarily be a SM but I ordered a MED. These are nice straps, but they fit a little loose, and I regretted not ordering the SM size. I had never tried sleeping in one of these straps because I thought the fit was too loose to be any fun at all. But last night, for some unknown reason, I decided to sleep in this strap.

I slept soundly all night, but woke up feeling, well, aroused. I soon realized the reason I was feeling that way. I had spent the night with gentle pressure on my perineum, you know, the area where those sensitive and sexually active nerves are just behind my balls. Then I pulled off the strap and took another look at how it was made. The leg straps and the pouch are connected, but in particular there is a lump where the lowest part of the pouch and the two leg straps come together, which is sewn. The lump that is there is at the exact point where the perineum is sexually active.

So, even a strap that is not that tight-fitting can be fun to wear. Probably most guys who are wary of wearing a strap are concerned about the pouch and cup. But then, once in, there are other sensations from the perineum, as every strap with leg straps has got to have the leg straps connected in the same way, The guy is liking the strap but he doesn’t know exactly why.

Of course, I have written many articles on how a thong also must have a point where the butt strap connects to the pouch and this often creates a lump of stitching that in a subtle way puts pressure on the perineum is most interesting, but particularly if worn over long periods of time such as sleeping overnight in one. There is also the additional feel of the butt strap cutting between the glutes and that can be fascinating as well.

Still, for males, part of the erotic appeal of the strap comes not only from the rubberized pouch and the cup, (if present), but from this little connector spot where the ppouch meets the leg straps.

Women took up thong wear some time before thong swimwear and underwear became popular for men. But, keep in mind that women have sexually active perineums as well. Perhaps they discovered this kind of stimulation before men did.

This time, I suggest running your own experiment, sleeping in a classic strap. Generally, I go to sleep quickly, and the pressure on my perineum is like a natural sleeping pill. And I feel great in the morning, having enjoyed the pressure in that spot all night long!