Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 12:46 PM

Default Nylon swimwear

I have been watching with some interest the discussions here about old school nylon swim briefs, and in particular the discussions related to how they felt and what they revealed about the male anatomy, especially when wet. Compared with modern snug-fitting briefs, these old school nylon briefs fit rather loosely. Some guys have always seemed to think that in terms of being modest, looser garments are always better, which would lead them possibly into all-nylon swimwear as opposed to Lycra briefs.

Another discussion I have been watching with some considerable interest is the one related to wearing a so-called “swimmer’s strap” under a swim brief and the so-called ups and downs of that. Of course, this almost invariably leads to yet another discussion relating to the idea of using a strap under all nylon swimwear to provide some support missing with the nylon but automatically there with Lycra in a brief or jammer suit.

A third discussion I have been watching relates to the potential renewed popularity of old school short leg nylon shorts for running and what is currently happening on that scene.

I love to shop the off-price clothing retailers, particularly during the holiday season. I was finding some items for some “self gifting” out at Gabriel’s, what I call an off-price, off-price clothing retailer ( usually half price or less than the better-known T.J. Max or Burlington although all of them sell stuff that did not sell at Macys and other full-price department stores). I was actually looking to pick up a pair of skinny jeans I thought I might like that I had spotted but not purchased on an earlier shopping trip. It takes a while to sort through the merchandise at Gabriel’s. Often there are one-of-a-kind items just thrown together on racks with other one-of-a-kind items. In digging through all of this, I spotted something interesting, what appeared to me a pair of old-school short-leg nylon running shorts in solid navy blue. For $3.49 I knew I had to add them to my collection of interesting things to wear.

So, I gift myself at Christmas, and the first thing I notice is the white decal logo, that says “World Wide Aquatics”. Ah hah! These were not intended as running shorts at all but as all-nylon swimwear, even though they have the standard runners’ cut and shape on the sides. Here is the logo:

http://www.sebringsil.com/world2.jpg

Inside, is an all nylon support brief made of the exact same material as the outside. Smooth and silky. This is starting to look like it could be fun.

Many of you who have followed me know that I had prostate surgery nearly 2 years ago, and since then I have been very slowly but steadily rebuilding my ability to get a firm hard-on. Not to worry! I pulled these shorts on and I almost immediately had a nice firm hard-on underway. Maybe I have accidentally discovered a new medical treatment here. OK, so building an erection is partly physical but also partly psychological. My body tells me how it feels about the particular situation is confronting, not my mind. If my body likes the situation it finds itself in, it will let me know, and sometimes in a hurry! I’ve become an expert in creating these uncomfortable situations for pleasure as I experimented with ideas over the years, and I always hope that other guys will take full advantage of what I have learned in their own life experiences.

I’ve always thought that this is the part about male sexuality that often drives guys bananas. Just when you think your arousal mechanism is fast asleep, it sometimes perks up to attention and often lightning fast. I’ve actually been using the items in my swimwear collection as therapy and as rehab aids post prostate surgery. I’m too embarrassed to tell my urologist exactly what I am up to in this regard (he keeps asking me what happens when I am with a woman, and I keep trying to walk around the subject, but then he has this puzzled look on his face as to how I seem to know exactly where I am in the rehab process!) This is nothing short hilarious, if you stop and think about it.

Anyhow, in the ongoing discussion of swimmer’s jocks, the thought occurred to me that it is under the nylon swimsuits that a nice snug strap really makes a whole lot of sense, in part to provide support but also to keep you modest once your thin nylon suit gets wet. On this suit, the inside navy support brief provides a double layer of navy blue, but the suit without the brief would be quite transparent, and without a strap would probably clearly outline your anatomy too when the suit is wet. Depending on your particular tastes in self-pleasuring, you can try this either with the strap or just inside the slick nylon liner. I’ve had good success both ways. For those of you who enjoy doing this in a standard swim brief (not that there are any of you reading this here!), the all-nylon provides an interesting alternative and a different feel from the Lycra. I recommend trying this as a change of pace from how you normally play with yourself for pleasure. I think you will find the slick nylon fun, almost like a lube but without the messiness.

How does this old-school suit look on an old-school body? Well, here is a photo. I actually had a full size strap on underneath when I snapped this photo, and the suit has a high enough rise to cover all of this. You can see the cut here.

http://www.sebringsil.com/world1.jpg

I did some digging on World Wide Aquatics on the Web. This appears to have at one time been a Florida based retailer of swimwear and athletic clothing, but apparently has gone out of business, and the Web site address is up for sale. So I might have found a unique item to own and add to the collection.

Oh, and I did buy the jeans too. They are skinny-cut jeans of the Denizen brand name, which was a short-lived Levis brand they sold at Discount department stores mainly at Target. Hmmm, these are snugger in the legs than a standard pair of Levis 511’s and have some Lycra mixed in the denim, so they stretch. These are 32 W and I normally wear a 31 W in skinny jeans, but I’m glad they didn’t have a 31 W as these fit quite snug around the waist. And goodness, they fit snug in the butt and thighs. They feel almost like an old school pair of skinny jeans like I loved in the 1960s. I need to cool down a bit. If I keep thinking about this, I fear that I am going to end up with another hard-on. That could get messy, and I’ve got stuff to do today where one of these accidental hard-ons (or is it hard’s on?) could be a problem!

I hope you enjoyed my adventure. Usually I find only one interesting item per shopping trip but this time I found several items. The interesting cotton-Lycra underwear I found was neat too. I sincerely hope that all of you have the opportunity to enjoy yourselves as much as I find pleasure in so doing. If you are still a little bit squeamish or feel a little embarrassed about admitting to yourself that your body might like some of these ideas and that they might prove to be quite enjoyable, I would encourage you to dive right in. What works for you might not be the same as what works for me, and part of the fun is going on this never-ending journey to identify exactly what works for you as an individual person. I can almost guarantee that you will learn things about yourself and your body that you did not know before. And, unlike me, if you are in a relationship or contemplating a relationship, your journey can be an interesting place to visit for your partner as well.

Sebbie