View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 06:43 PM

Default 2 Continued

_______

“Hey, lets grab lunch and go lay in the sun,” a bunch of the guys from the band suggested, Alex and Chris among them.

“Good idea,” Alex offered. “I just need to go get some shorts on,”

“I am just wearing my boardies,” said Peter, a clarinet player who was, in fact, wearing board shorts and a Polo shirt. He pointed at his shorts as he said it.

“You in?,” Alex asked Chris.

“Yeah, maybe.,” Chris replied.

“You already got a swimsuit on,” Alex added. “Your the most ready of all of us.” Alex was getting hopeful and excited at the image of Chris laying out in his Speedo. He was sure Chris would be the only Speedo guy.

The guys all grabbed the box lunches that had been brought in for them from a local lunch restaurant. They were getting rambunctious at the thought of spending two hours outside. The guys in jeans all headed to their dorms to get shorts or swimsuits. Chris and Patrick stayed back, both guys were already in shorts. “We’ll meet you guys back here,” they all agreed.

“Mr. Hill,” the voice startled Chris and Patrick. It was the director, along with Chris’s instructor from Umaine, who was the brass assistant director.

“Um, yes sir,” Chris replied.

“May we both have a chat with you, privately?” the request followed.

“Sure,” replied Chris. “Patrick, I will try to catch up.”

“We want to talk to you about the solos and about you being lead trumpet,” the director said as they walked to a table.

“This is great news,” Chris’s instructor added.

“You are an exceptionally gifted musician, young man, possibly the best I have seen at your age.” the director complimented Chris. He was a much nicer man in person than he was in front of the band. “Your skill is impressive. By the way, I made the decision on my own so there was no unfair advantage” the director added, a reference to the relationship with his instructor.

“Thank you sir,” replied Chris. “Thank you, both “ he added.

The three chatted for several minutes. As they wrapped up the director said, “I am told you are also quite the swimmer.”

“Well, I am not sure about the quite part, but I do love to swim, second to trumpet,” Chris added.

“It is why you have that lung power, young man,” said the director. “The good news is, I am a swimmer, too. I know where every lap pool is on our entire trip. We must go work out as we travel.”

“That would be great sir,” Chris replied.

“Now, go have fun. I will announce this to the band after lunch, so please do not tell anyone. I need to talk to Len, too.”

“Yes, sir,” Chris replied. With that he ran off to catch up with the guys. He so badly wanted to tell Sheri, too. He would honor his word.

Last edited by SwimTeamSpeedo : 11-11-2014 at 09:11 PM.