View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 PM

Story: Calling the Shots

Tony and Stanley had been friendly rivals since young. When Stanley received a huge promotion at work, he immediately called up Tony to brag about his new executive post and the large salary it entails…

"Tony… With my huge salary, I could buy anything I want. I could even buy you the yacht that you’ve always dreamt of owning."

"Stop rubbing it in… It’s going to take me forever to save up enough to get one," moaned Tony. He had always dreamed of owning a yacht but with a new baby on the way… It would probably take him years to save up enough to get a boat.

"In fact, just to rub it in! I’m going to offer to give you a free yacht! Since you’ve been such a loser in life!" Stanley gently ribbed Tony. They had always been great friends despite their rivalry and buying a yacht for Tony seemed like a good way to fulfill Tony’s dream while getting the bragging rights for it.

"Oh man, Stanley… I would finally be a captain of a boat!" beamed Tony.

"Yes, and you’ll finally be able to call the shots in your life! While I get to call the shots at work all the time!"

——-

And call the shots, Tony did! On the day Tony received the yacht, he held a party on deck and invited Stanley to be a part of the festivities. But he had one trick up his sleeve.

Just as Stanley was about to board the yacht for the party, Tony went up to thank him for the yacht and to pass him a gift of his own.

"Stanley! Thanks for the boat and here’s a gift that I got you to say thanks."

It was a striped speedo with black, yellow and blue colors. Stanley looked at them incredulously. “What are these for man? I wouldn’t be caught dead in them.”

"Well, you’ve got to wear them to get on the yacht. It’s your personalised dress code."

"But they look ridiculous… I’ll look silly in them!"

"It’s like you said… This yacht is my only chance at calling the shots at life and as captain I demand that you wear them on deck." Tony grinned. It was so satisfying for Tony to imagine Stanley, now a rich executive, being forced to wear something so tiny and ridiculous on the boat that he gifted him.

Begrudgingly, Stanley shed his clothes to put on that tiny speedo. It was the first time he had to wear a pair of speedos. It was small but it was curiously comfortable… As the party went on, Stanley begun to feel less self-conscious about his speedos and just enjoyed goofing around with Tony. They even took many photos to celebrate their friendship and the only place where Tony could call the shots.

The next day at work, Stanley received yet another gift from Tony… It was a framed picture of the two of them hanging out on the boat - Tony in his yellow shorts and Stanley in that pair of striped speedos. Stanley smiled and placed the picture frame on his desk.

Stanley never wore shorts to the beach or on Tony’s yacht again… It was strictly just that pair of speedos.

Last edited by Nich : 01-16-2015 at 07:33 PM.