Thread: Dietz
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM

I grew up on a farm where we castrated male sheep using the so-called rubber ring method. A tiny rubber ring was placed around the testicle cords. In a week or two their balls would fall off. I have actually done this myself. It was (relatively) humane compared with using a knife which is the other method. This method is less commonly used on bulls. The method is still commonly used I can't help but think about this every time a discussion of cock rings.

Obviously the rubber rings used as cock rings are much larger and fit looser. There are stories of guys wearing metal cock rings and getting them stuck on (erect) penises to the point where they have to get them sawed off in an emergency room. The velcro ring poses none oth these risks. The guys that use the vacuum pumps to aid in getting an erection frequently use a rubber band ring in order to maintain the erection once the pump is turned off. The rubber band is a key part of the approved medical procedure. A ring that fastens with velcro might work about as well, and be easier to put on and take off. Penis pumps are widely used in the US as a treatment for ED in the US and Medicare even covers the cost.