View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 01:09 PM

Default The Speedo® Challenge

The Speedo® Challenge

For guys at least, the desire to feel horny is all but universal. Guys generally realize that they can easily get into the mode of feeling horny when they are wearing something that fits snugly in the area containing their penis and balls. Better still if whatever is snug fitting is made of a stretchy smooth cloth as well. Guys generally like the feel of this in the groin area and come to realize this at a very young age, perhaps even before puberty has fully set in. There is just something erotically going on in such a situation.

But guys also realize that the marvelous instance when a guy feels horny can quickly lead to other stuff happening, like getting big and hard. While this is also very enjoyable, this can lead to male “problems” such as the idea that others may notice what is happening. And this can lead to situations that are not only embarrassing, but especially lead to teasing and bullying by peer males—a particular problem for teenagers.

A basic issue is an unwritten “rule” that says a guy should only get aroused or get a hard on when with a sexual partner, and for a lot of males, the only acceptable sexual partner is a female, presumably a willing one. If a guy is with a male in some way and gets a hard on, that therefore is “proof” that the guy is gay. Obviously this may not be the case, but that does not mean that guys do not worry about inadvertently being labeled as gay if the erection occurs in any instance that does not involve a female.

The classic Speedo® thus presents a problem for many guys. First. The brief is made of slick, stretchy cloth that fits snugly around the penis and balls. The penis is (usually) fully covered, but the outline of the guy’s anatomy is quite obvious, and, in particular, the condition the guy is in. Guys with big flaccid penises have more issues in this regard, because the may appear to be erect when they are not. A lot of guys will not wear swim briefs because they do not want to have to deal with this, even though at some level they are turned on by the idea of wearing a skimpy brief made of a slick, stretchy material. It is not simply wearing the brief but the idea of wearing the brief in a situation where they will be seen in public. For first time wearers, they do not know exactly what will happen to them once inside, but they fear the worst. This leads to admiring the guys who wear Speedos® seemingly without giving it all a second thought. Just another article of clothing and zero concerns over inadvertent arousal and erections!

Still, nothing that fits that tight in the groin area can be completely innocuous. Guys who have not yet worn a swim brief from any manufacturer are also bothered by the perhaps well-founded perception that the guys who do wear the briefs are somehow enjoying them in a sexual way, even if they have overcome the urge to be erect once they are in the brief. This becomes a mixture of fear and wonderment of sorts. Dare I do this or not? How will my body react if I do? Can I try on a Speedo® in private, and my bedroom first, and see exactly how all of this happens to me or not?

If I end up “liking” being in a Speedo® and I end up feeling horny once I am in and start to get erect, what does that mean? Does that somehow make me gay? Even more complicated are questions related to situations where I have a male friend who somehow has also thought about the same issues and is in this position of wanting to try on a swim brief too. What if we both get swim briefs and try them on at the same time/ Does that somehow make us both gay? Complicated questions here.

And then there are the women. A lot of women claim they dislike seeing any man wearing any sort of swim brief--many women, but not necessarily all. If I have a girlfriend, what is she going to say if she sees me wearing one? Part of the rules many females abide by is the debunked idea that men should only get horny and erect in the presence of a female who is or will become a sexual partner for intercourse, and the rest of the stuff I am talking about is for guys who are “abnormal”.

The entire connection between wearing a Speedo® and being gay is a complicated one. Speedo® until relatively recently, simply ignored the notion that wearing one and being gay could be linked for some guys, but now you go to their Web Site and in the briefs there is an entire section of maybe a dozen briefs either in rainbow colors, Gay Pride logos or some combination. Are these all sold to gay guys, or to guys who support the gay movement by wearing one of the briefs? I doubt the company would even know.

I am also very interested in the YouTube videos by Christian Ocean, a blogger fascinated with the question of how a guy who has never before worn a swim brief or a thong in public will deal with the situation. Somehow he finds guys that while having never done this before, are not put off by the idea.

Of course, the swim briefs Speedo® offers under their own brand are modest by what you can get from other online sources. They used to sell a thong, but no longer do. And the vast majority of briefs have wide sides, typically 2 ½ inches or wider, the Solar brief being slightly skimpier. Mostly the choices relate to colors and fabrics, and no longer just solid colors but a vast array of prints and fabrics.

Nowadays, a guy can go on line and find an array of swim briefs and thongs that are way snugger and skimpier than that, make an order for some of those, and experiment in private. The number of vendors and the choices suggest that this is a very popular thing for guys to do. Relatively recent are the briefs and thongs being sold to perhaps be worn either as skimpy underwear or as swimwear. The guys wearing these as swimwear have clearly gotten over any fear they might have had of appearing in public in clothing that is really skimpy in the groin.

Progress is being made! Have fun in your Speedos® and enjoy who you are.