Thread: What to wear?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 01:41 PM

Modern 21st Century Thonging

No garment containing Lycra (Spandex) lasts forever. Over the years I have purchased a large number of swimwear and underwear made of a stretchy fabric, and with elastic in various places, not only in waistbands but around leg openings, and almost invariably the elastic stretches then hardens and the fabrics lose their stretch. The garments typically are not only swim briefs and brief underwear, but also men’s thongs designed to be worn as swimwear or as underwear thongs.

As I keep making purchases many of the older items ended up in the back of the drawers I use for storage. It had gotten to the point where the old stretched out stuff was taking up far too much space to the point where there was no room for the newer stuff in good condition. I had also been noting that I was running out of serviceable thong underwear—the ones I like are skimpy but with lots of stretch and I was wanting to shop online for some new ones.

That led me to the idea that I needed to discard some of the old stuff that was no longer serving any useful :-) purpose, garments that had given me a lot of enjoyment over the years even though they were now well past their prime in terms of making me look and feel good. I made some tough decisions here, but decisions that needed to take place.

I have greatly enjoyed watching the Christopher Oceans videos, where young adult males are confronted with the prospect of for the first time wearing a swim brief, or for the even more daring, a swim thong. Watching these got me thinking a lot about my own situation and how I got to where I am today.

For example, why do I have such a fondness for wearing tighty whiteys? A lot of guys nowadays seem to think that white cotton briefs are something only old guys wear. In my case, when I was a young teen, it seemed that is the only kind of underwear that my peer male friends wore were cotton briefs. There were no loose-fitting boxer shorts worn as underwear. For some reason as yet unknown to me, my mom decided that I needed to wear underwear with longer leg openings than a brief—think white cotton underwear with a two-inch inseam, we would call them nowadays a short boxer brief. And, since we were living in a rural area, mom discovered that the only place they could be purchased was mail order. The local stores carried boys’ cotton underwear but the only style was a true cotton brief—so she ordered these mail order from Sears or Wards over and over. I was away at college before I dared buy my first package of true cotton briefs. Somehow this all got mixed together with what made me feel good down there as I was growing up. And I got this crazy idea that the other boys my age with their tight cotton briefs must be enjoying themselves a lot more than I was. The whole idea of wearing a brief and self-pleasuring got hopelessly intertwined for me. I soon was wearing cotton briefs as my favorite daily underwear. That started when I was in college and continues to this day. I still think of a pair of tighty whiteys to be far more erotic than a pair of boxer briefs.

A similar story applies to swimwear, but I will leave that for another day. Generally, the idea of a snug-fitting garment being used as a way to get more out of self-pleasing activities is extremely important to me, and this has been true for nearly my entire life.

So what about thong underwear? I encountered my first thong underwear I am thinking in 1988 and was immediately drawn to the idea that if basic briefs were useful, a thong might ramp up the whole experience by several notches over what I was getting from my passion for tighty whiteys and swim briefs. The first thongs I purchased were two pair sold under the HOM brand name, that, oddly, I found at an off-price clothing store—a TJ Maxx I think. The HOM thongs were very skimpy. In fact the back was simply a round elastic cord only about an eighth inch in diameter. The pouch was tiny too but made of a very stretchy fabric. And the sides were very narrow.

I was immediately hooked on wearing them. I loved the fit and feel of the snug pouch, of that narrow rubbery cord wedged between my glutes, and I discovered a new-to-me erotic hot spot behind my balls called the perineum. The correct thong puts upward tension on the perineum, roughly where the cord back connects to the pouch. The shorter the cord, the better, All of this going on at once was really fun, and I wore these as daily underwear under my skinny jeans. I had found thong heaven!

Next, I found that Jockey had entered the men’s thong market as well, under the Elance sub-brand. I first thought that the Jockey version could not be as much fun, as the back was a flat band of elastic about a quarter-inch wide. But I bought a few pair anyway. I soon discovered that the Jockey design pushed even more of my buttons down there than the HOM thongs did. I got hooked on sleeping in a Jockey thong and I liked to play games with myself by sleeping in one and seeing whether I would continue to drip all night long (I could and did!). You talk about an A Number one way of engaging in nighttime “self-abuse” this was it!

But then Jockey suddenly quit making these. As far as I was concerned, there was nothing quite like the design. I am not sure what happened except to say that Jockey still made a men’s thong, but for sheer nighttime erotic pleasure it was nothing like the original. Apparently, they were trying to design something that is better suited to daytime underwear uses not as erotic nightwear.

I ended up with purchases on Amazon, under two brands. These are relatively inexpensive as underwear pricing goes.

In the 20 or more years since then I have looked high-and-low in an effort to find a brand of thong that works as well as the old Jockey Elance brand did back then. I have found a few that I rated as quite good. But I have been in search of that old Jockey experience that I enjoyed so many times playing solo at night. I realize a lot of guys get antsy if they think a thong is going to be too snug and tight, but dealing with that fear is part of the fun especially if you are keen on playing with yourself at night. (Of course there are guys who claim that what I enjoy is reprehensible and that they would never do this, but they are all lying.)

So, onward and upward. In the process of cleaning out some of my old stretched-out swim briefs and thongs, I decided I needed to make some thong purchases in an effort to see exactly what is available and how they fit and whether there are any press my erotic buttons in the same way the Elance thongs did. Fortunately, I still have a few Elance Thongs in good enough shape to be able to make the comparisons.

In my search I ended up with two brands on Amazon. One is called Arjen Kroos at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G2G1TBF
I bought a pack of 6, size Medium for $28 which makes the cost per thong about $4.67

The interesting thing about these thongs is that they are all tagged “Brave Person” which is a far better-known brand. I will have more to say about choosing a size in the next post.

I decided to also order another brand listed as IKINGSKY. The pack I ordered was size Small and included 9 not 6 thongs for $26, so these were less than $3 each. But these are also skimpier despite that they appear similar in the on-line photos.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TT24Z3X

All for now! To be continued….
Sebbie