View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 12:44 PM

Default Getting ready for the winter months

Getting ready for the winter months

A basic problem for us guys who enjoy wearing Lycra clothing is facing the colder winter months, when the weather is often simply too cold to be suitable for what we wore during the summer. I am a great believer in the idea that guys should be able to feel good and enjoy themselves no matter what the outdoor weather. And I thought you might be interested in how I have adapted to a situation where the outdoor temperature has almost overnight dropped from 70 degrees F to about 40 degrees F.

Lightweight compression gear, both the tops and the bottoms, has become extremely popular with guys, who have discovered that they like the look, fit and feel of being clad in something really snug and tight. I spent most of my summer days this year wearing compression shorts and tee, sometimes pulling on snug-fitting jeans right over the gear whenever I had to go out—not often with the Covid mess.

But then a few weeks ago I swapped out the compression shorts and jammer for a pair of my (size SM) Tesla Compression pants and a slightly looser fitting long-sleeved compression tee, mainly just pulling on sweatpants and sweatshirt over for year work, even though some days the weather was warm enough I would remove the sweatshirt and keep working.

But this morning it was cold enough that I decided to run an experiment. I have a neat pair of Head-branded compression pants that are snug-fitting but made of a thicker material than the Teslas I have. I suspect these are similar to the Teslas that Amazon is selling right now as Thermal weight. Then over the top I had a new Tesla summer weight long sleeved compression tee in bright red. I pulled both of these on and I thought to myself how great my body feels. I have not normally thought about my arms as being an erogenous zone, but the red tee reminded me of that. I am feeling good all over, and, after pulling on A sweatshirt and sweat pants, I am all ready to spend some yard time on my lawn tractor mulching leaves even though the outdoor temperature is only 40F.

I’m not certain if I will discard all of these outer garments while I am exercising today or not. Of course I still have some really tight tighty whiteys on under the Head compression pants. My body feels great with all of this. I feel great, and my only advice is that just because the weather has turned colder is no reason not to enjoy yourself and who you really are. No doubt, given the sales of compression gear there are a lot of guys out there who are doing exactly the same thing, just like me!