View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Last week i was at a local pool where a woman was swimming fully clothed, complete with a head covering. That was one thing, but I went into the sauna section where she also entered, sitting not that far away from me. I felt a little self-conscious, sitting there in very brief Speedos, while she was there fully clothed. But I suppose swimming pools now have to employ this clothing policy to meet some people's cultural needs.

Now if a woman was sitting there in nothing more than a g-string bikini, it may have made me feel uncomfortable, but no more than someone fully clothed. Yet pool rules state that people can't wear thongs/g-strings, presumably because it would make others feel uncomfortable? Funny, that.

I would think that a woman fully clothed with head wrap wasn't there to do laps. Those outfits must weigh a ton wet. I would object on the fact we don't know when or if any of those clothes were last washed and what she could be adding to the pool. Pool maintenance does not consider clothing when chemicals added. If too many come like that I would worry about pool water contamination.
Why should you feel self-conscious in a swim suit in the Sauna? That is appropriate attire (or just a towel) She was the one out of place and should have felt uncomfortable. I will say, when I read that my first thought was how I sweat in a sauna and wondered what he clothes must smell like (ugh) A good reason she shouldn't be in the pool fully clothed. Not to mention she becomes a safety hazard wearing a virtual anchor.
I used to manage a resort hotel and can shed a bit of light on the no thong/g-string policies. Ironically it was because of the women that we put a stop to them. A woman with a kid in a stroller was wearing a thong. Not many with her figure would have - but she did. The clincher came when she bent over and displayed a very thong strap framed with butt hair. To add to it, she had bent over in front of the dining room window and a couple tables of business men. She was just bending for the second time when I arrived and am sure i blurted out something like "Oh F__K". I downed a double shot of Jack Daniels and tried to figure out how to approach the matter. I finally gave a waitress a very large tip to go over and tell her. That night we posted a new pool policy. NO thongs or g-string swim wear. God- that brought back some bad images.