View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 06:56 AM

When I went to the pool for the first time in college, I was shocked that every guy was wearing a speedo. I was the only guy in boardshorts at the pool. Even though every guy was wearing a speedo, I went swimming in my boardshorts in subsequent visits to the pool. I initially thought guys looked disgusting in a speedo. And I felt it was embarrassing to wear one. However, I visited the Speedo site and was thrilled when I looked at their products. It was an obsession to visit the site. I thought about whether I would ever wear one those suits. However, I never bought one of their suits and swam in my shorts for the rest of the semester.

I came back from my first year in college. I went to local sporting goods stores and started to try on all sorts of skintight swimwear. I tried the jammer and square cut swimsuits. Then with guilt, I finally tried on the speedo. I was freaked out when I tried on the speedo, since it was so revealing. I was excited about trying these suits, but I hesitated a lot about wearing these types of suits in public. I dared wearing the jammers and square cuts, but not the speedo. Then I read an article that served as a guide to men's swimsuits that said for lap swimming, training suits were the most appropriate. Training swimsuits usually had 3 inch sides. Suits up to 9 inches were also appropriate, but not the norm. Now I had my justification for wearing these kinds of suits. One day, I went to the sporting goods store and ended up getting a square leg suit called the Speedo Shoreline Square Leg. A speedo was still something I wouldn't dare to wear. So I went to this pool at a gym and was ready to try my first skintight suit in front of everyone. I'm kind of nervous about wearing the suit. It was much more revealing than the boardshorts I was accustomed too. Instead of the shorts coming to my knees, it stopped at my thighs. Plus it was skintight. I was nervous about wearing it in front of everyone. But I was able to pull it off without too much difficulty. I then tried out the YMCA, which I ended up joining. After wearing the square leg for a few times at the pool, I finally felt ready to wear a speedo. I goad myself into thinking that I was embarrassing myself by choosing to not wear the speedo. I decided that I was going to wear a speedo the next day. I was really anticipating it. I was still nervous picking out a speedo at the store. I made sure I took boardshorts with me when I went to the dressing room to try out the speedo. I decided to go with a standard black Tyr suit with 2 1/2 inch sides. I had to take up the suit to the counter to buy it. I was nervous taking up the suit to the counter. Would the clerk be a guy or a girl? Fortunately, it was a guy. While making my purchase, the clerk remarked that he didn't wear one at first, but finally wore one. Fortunately, he didn't make me feel embarrassed about buying one. I took my speedo to the YMCA the next day. Without being too nervous, I put the speedo on. I look at myself in a speedo in the mirror at the locker room. Yeah, it was revealing, but I was ready for people to finally see me in one. I exited the locker room and walked to the pool without being too nervous about it. I didn't bring a towel with me and walked to the pool with my arms next to my side. I found myself standing close to a female lifeguard before I entered the pool, but I didn't feel embarrassed about it. I finally wore the speedo in front of everyone. It wasn't that bad at all. I wore the speedo on subsequent visits to the pool. I felt the speedo was too revealing for me. I felt naked in front of everyone. It was difficult to get used to wearing a speedo in front of everyone. I often felt nervous when I was about to exit the locker room to the pool. However, I chose to keep wearing the speedo to swim laps at the pool.

Last edited by arenaswimmer : 09-22-2019 at 07:02 AM.