View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 PM

Default Thinking...

First, if you are talking about an east Asian country where the commonly worn men's swim attire is a swim brief and basically the other guys my age are wearing those too, a guy wearing a skimpier brief is likely not going to draw significant attention.

If most of the guys are wearing loose fitting board shorts any guy wearing a brief large or small might attract attention and maybe some critical comments, but if culturally seeing a beach or pool dominated by guys in briefs this is not going to happen because thats what a guy should normally be wearing.

In buying the skimpier breifs designed to be marketed to these same guys, any guy who is uncomfortable with a bit of butt crack visible can easily buy a brief that is not quite so low cut in the rear or simply upsize one or two sizes. A MED brief might show a bit of butt crack but an XL size would be roomier and cover everything that the guy thinks needs to be covered.

In the larger scheme of things, where everyone at a beach or pool has to expect to see some stuff that one would not ordinarily see on a city sidewalk.

On my trip to Hawaii some years ago I was expecting (actually hoping) to see some women wearing thong bottoms. But when I got there I was surpised to discover that there were a number of guys wearing almost nonexistent thong swimsuits as well, and everyone seemed ok and completely at ease with what was going on. I was wearing a fairly skimpy brief with vertical alternating blue and white stripes. I thought it was a neat-looking brief but felt like I was a bit overdressed given what many of the other guys there were wearing, and this a crowded beach two blocks from my Honolulu hotel. I haven't gotten back there in recent years to see if the guys on the same Honolulu beach just down from Diamond Head are now all covered up in deference to board-short modesty. Somehow I think not

Sebbie