Thread: Lake Adventures
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 09:10 PM

When you are writing a story however much it is based on life experience allow the action to flow. The bus stop, if you choose to go by bus is always just outside the swimming pool, right next to the empty parking space in case you come by car. The swimming pool only exists once you decide to swim there, and the bus arrives to pick you up the moment you arrive at the stop on the main road near your home.
When you have luggage it is always in conveniently small light bags that can be carried easily to your room. When you unpack it takes only moments but provides you with everything you could possibly want including spare speedos, unless the story demands that you forget to bring your speedos. When my car broke down in France last year I took my tent and a small bag which I discovered contained a swim thong but no speedos, so i had to buy French square-cuts to swim in the amazing campsite pools.
You and your friends have known each other for years, met at the swimming club and all played polo, so of course you are all used to wearing speedos. You are all young, fit and have the clear bright eyes of athletes. As swimmers you all have the chlorine bleached hair that looks blond in the sunshine. After that let us use our imagination.
Do they really have Citroens in USA ? Just say your older brother has a small foreign car, and you all have to cram into it with your luggage. The writers that give details of cars, shoes and cigarette lighters are trying to establish wealth and good taste, you are just a bunch of swimmers on a trip.
You have an interesting story to tell and I want to hear more but give me a straight line through the action not a street map of the whole city.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 04-22-2018 at 09:16 PM.