Thread: Your location?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
Speedolad, I have not found any more or less issues with swim briefs in America than anywhere else I have been. Surely not the style of choice, but then they are not the popular choice most places. Like you, maybe some jestful banter, if at all. I think the garbage you read on how anti speedo America is comes from biased, self conscious posters who are trying to place blame for their own insecurities. Look at how many here admit they wont wear a swim brief in public or ask if a beach is speedo friendly. I wear my swimsuit of choice anywhere a swim suit is the right attire, beach, lake, pool,etc. No one has had an issue, USA or anywhere else.

STS

I live in SoCal and I agree 100%.

I actually see some guys (even straight) wear them around here. One night at a friend's community pool, we were going in the hot tub, and my friend was poking fun at my bf and I for being in Speedos when a group of rowdy high school boys came into the pool area... He was eating his words when one of the young guys stripped down to his speedo, as he was probably a water polo player or a swimmer who liked his speedos, and didn't care what his friends thought. No one even made issue of the fact.