View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Speedo Member

Red face "do's and don'ts"

Hi guys, inexperienced lap swimmer here. 35 y.o, in cold New England I'm thinking of adding swimming to a work out routine. In the past I have gone to gyms on day passes from time to time so I didn't care if I was being "inappropriate" in my swim suits, work out clothes or locker room nudity. But I want to take exercise seriously this time and make it a regular thing, and I don't want to offend anyone (unless someone totally against men's swimwear).

1. How visible should my penis line be? I tried on a few of my suits last night and noticed how visible the outline of my penis is. Should I worry about this or is that just a part of swimming? I tried a thong on underneath to see if it would smooth things out, anyone else do this?

2. Suit cut, is there a standard minimum at most places? I'm assuming all briefs need to be full rear, but are one inch sides usual? Or should I wear 3 inch or square cuts?

These are my questions for now, I'm sure I'll have more as time goes on. I'm sure this stuff has been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread on this stuff.

Thanks guys!