View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 05:23 PM

Default I thought...

I thought this article was more than a little tongue-in-cheek and great fun. I thought she was going to try and use underwear preference as a indicator of sexuality that women could use in dating but that is not where she ended up, leaving the impression that thong wearers likely were just as interested in women as boxer shorts wearers were.

I have my own theories about sexuality and underwear choice.

For example, let the number P be the probability that a guy is straight or gay, with possible values lying on a continuous scale that goes from 0 to 1, with 0 indicating a guy who considers himself to be perfectly gay and 1 indicating a guy who considers himself to be perfectly straight.

A second possibility is that P indicates the ODDS or probability that a guy who wears a particular style of underwear that is is associated with sexuality.

So, let's line up the underwear styles from big and sloppy to tinyist and tightest. That list then goes something like this

Boxer shorts
Boxer Briefs
Standard size fly cotton briefs (tighty whiteys)
Bikini Briefs lacking a fly
String Bikinis..
Thongs

As one moves on this list from top to bottom, there may be both straight and gay guys wearing any of the listed styles. HOWEVER, moving from top to bottom of the list, P drops from a number close to 1 at the top (Most boxer shorts wearers are perfectly straight)to a number close to zero at the bottom (most thong wearers are perfectly gay).

Note that my scheme permits guys of any particular sexuality to wear any style of underwear they want. A FEW perfectly straight guys may elect to wear thongs on a regular basis but the odds that the guy wearing a thong is perfectly straight is much lower than the odds for a guy wearing boxer shorts. Conversely, among the boxer-shorts wearing guys, the odds of being gay are much lower than the odds of being straight, and P is not 1 but close to 1 for the boxer shorts guys.

The other styles fall somewhere in the middle with P gradually declining from top to bottom of the list.

I know some of you are going to attack me on my theory in part by claiming you are straight but love to wear thongs or gay but prefer boxer shorts. So be it. I'm used to that and for the most part do not get offended. Besides, my theory allows for exceptions in any underwear type category.

It USED to be that tighty whiteys were nearly a "uniform" for guys who thought of themselves as straight--at least that was true when I was a teen. In recent years, this may have been replaced largely by loose-fitting boxer shorts with tighty whitey teens often getting teased and bullied for being gay given their snugger-fitting underwear choice.

All of this is close to a topic I am very interested in, that is, of course, whether a fascination for wearing skimpy snug-fitting underwear and other snug-fitting clothing (and maybe a desire for having jerk-off sessions in the same) says something about a guy's sexuality. Maybe? or Maybe not!

Comments?

Just Sebbie being Sebbie

Last edited by sebbie : 12-16-2016 at 05:26 PM.