View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 AM

The comment about the fat guy in a speedo didn't even register when I saw it. Anymore than if he had said a fat guy in baggies. It was a description of what he saw. There was a fat man with nothing else on but a speedo -- do you have another way to describe him?
Having been to that area I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of fat guys in speedos that have no shortage of body hair. I know many get uptight when it is said, but come on guys, isn't it true that when a guy reaches a certain size he should not wear speedos? anymore than a woman of incredible girth should wear a bikini -- but they do. Personally I am offended by any person that is fat, no matter what they are wearing. I see it as a lack of self respect or self control. There is no excuse for being fat. (Please no one say thyroid - it is controllable with medication)
I think that a lot of the dispairaging comments about speedos started with fat guys wearing them. They look so silly with the huge body and the tiny bit of material trying its best not to split under the strain. Watching a fat man waddle along in a speedo has been a comedy relief in movies since before talkies. Not to mention how the suit seems to be swallowed by the rolls of fat when he sit. It is just as funny as a fat woman in any kind of bathing suit. (bikinis tend to look gross if she is too fat).
As has been said many times before, the in your face gay pride, white parties etc have added to the poor speedos bad reputation by making it the unofficial uniform of the gay man. Parading down the street demanding equal rights for gays in a pair of speedos while floats stocked with speedo clad men really puts it out there. Speedo=gay.
And yet, I have travelled the world and only worn speedos. I have a 2" pair of black nylon I travel with that has never been inappropriate at any hotel pool or beach. Simple black swimwear fits in anywhere. Thongs, Asian cut, see through scream "look at me" and the assumption being "I'm Gay!"
I have never asked the stupidest of all questions "Is it speedo friendly?" because I know there is no place that isn't if the suit is basic speedo swim suit. Sometimes common sense has to prevail.