View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrief22
This post is great! I unfortunately had no speedo role models. But it's glad to see some dads do!

We plan to have kids, and I hope my choices influence our kids to be as open minded and empowered as you were!

Dad and I were at the beach not that long ago with some friends and family. We were the only two in Speedos whilst everybody else was in shorts. It obviously raises a few eyebrows and we get some comments about it, but there's something really empowering about the situation as well. I got such a feeling of confidence from it, especially having somebody Speedo-clad beside me too.

I won't lie, between the ages of 10-14 I used to be quite embarrassed at having a dad who wore Speedos. There were a few times when some friends saw or found out that he wore Speedos and there would be jokes made about him. I never really saw what was so 'uncool' about wearing them, but for those few years I really wished he would've just worn shorts. After those years I really grew to admire his confidence and my mindset totally changed because of him.