View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkreitz
I'm looking through the photos on the FLICKR page that @jackk78 posted and I'm wondering why speedos and thongs on guys were accepted and widespread in the 80s and not now? what changed?

This is a very complex issue to discuss. I remember as a young boy in the late 1980s and early 1990s, wearing swim briefs was more common and accepted than today. I'm not sure how and who decided that such swimwear for men was to be determined "not manly". I think part of it is the "hip- hop" culture that promoted bigger, baggy, and loose clothing. This resulted in horrible board shorts in many cases all the way to the shins! This new "bigger and looser" swimsuit rule applies ony to men!

Women's swimwear on the other side has actually become smaller or more daring! Today's society has been brainwashed to accept this "double standard" of swimwear for men and women. Men are not supposed to show their thighs as of today! It is not manly! This is the American mentality for swimwear. How absurd! Men's swimwear in the USA has gone backwards or back in time. What's next? Men have to cover their entire bodies at the beach or pool?

This entire swimwear mentality in the USA is extremely ridiculus and society has become hostile towards men that break the new rule. We must do something about it...lol