View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 12:24 PM

Speedomom Keep us posted on how this all goes. If he doesnt want to wear the brief as swimwear, he still has a great liner for shorts.

In a hotel pool setting, wearing a swim brief under cotton shorts works very well, as you wear the cotton shorts over the brief and a tee shirt when wandering through halls, elevators and the public lobby area. Then when you get to the pool just slip out of the shorts and tee shirt and pop into the pool in only the swim brief. The shorts, tee and and a towel stay on a lounge chair pool side. Then when you get out of the pool, you lay on the lounge chair for a few minutes until the briefs are dry, and they dry quickly. Then slip on the still-dry shorts and wander back through the hotel lobby, elevator and halls to your room.

Same thing at public hot tubs.

To me, having a pair of swim briefs to wear under shorts is an essential item for any hotel stay where there are pool or hot tub facilities, and I can't imagine a vacation where this would not often be the case. Also, the shorts worn over do not need to be specifically made for swimming this way. If you want to get fancy, you can probably find shorts and swim briefs that coordinate design and color-wise. A great gift would be a colorful tee, a pair of cotton shorts, and a swim brief that all coordinate and look good together!

(The timid could wear jammers instead of a brief under the cotton shorts, too. Some guys like the look of the compression jammers showing a couple inches below the shorts, but they have been watching a lot of basketball where many players think that look is way cool! If I were 18 again I would own both the brief and the jammers, probably)

Sebbie