View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanHunk
Hi guys,

I was just wondering your opinion on something. You see, usually I swim at my university's pool, where I am happy to say brief-style swimwear isn't uncommon at all.

However, for winter break I signed up at another gym that is closer to my home. On the way out from the locker room there is a sign on the door to the gym's pool saying, "Co-ed area. Please wear appropriate swimming attire."

Seeing as this is in the U.S., I can't help but think "appropriate" excludes all brief style swimwear, not just the blatantly revealing styles. I'm tempted to just wear my regular arena competition suit while doing laps regardless of what the sign says, but I wonder if people would go

I'm tempted to ask my girlfriend to go through the women's door to see if there's a similar sign about "appropriate" attire. Unfortunately she doesn't have a membership to this gym....yet.

What do you think?

I'd say by appropriate it doesnt have anything to do with guys in briefs.

They prolly just want to ban guys in street shorts, or shorts with metal on them, or guy/gals from just swimming in boxers or underwear.

or obviously things that could be transparent or thongs/g strings wouldnt be appropriate for a coed athletic fitness session

i'm sure any typically speedo in a 2 inch side or larger would be perfectly fine as thats standard swimmer gear