Thread: What people buy
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
In my 20's when Speedo make Lycra swim briefs in a wide variety of colours and patterns going to a sports shop had the excitement of a kid a sweet shop. You never knew quite what they had new in stock and were tempted to buy things just because they looked different and new. There is also the suit that you see and are not sure of, until you sleep on it and realise you must have it as soon as possible, though you can't get back to the shop until the next weekend.

A swim brief is a very tight area in which to make a statement or a work of art. Those designers that can do it seem to have a touch of genius. The designs on jammers work differently, while the board shorts designers tended to head towards gross ugly floral works.
You can say something with a swim brief then wear a different pair next time and say something else, whilst you are stuck with a tattoo for life.

Since swim briefs are fairly cheap and store compactly you can always buy more than you need in designs you like and make a different statement that fits your mood.

Yes, I've noticed that jammers are for the most part designed similarly, either solid or with a stripe or design down the side. Very rarely do you see an over-all pattern. Plus there's little variation in the cut that I can see. Not like "low cut" vs. "standard cut", 1, 2 or 3" sides, sunga cut, etc. in a brief.