View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 11:53 AM

Default July 4th swimsuits

Like the similar holiday in other nations, July 4th is a big deal in the USA, as we mark another anniversary of our great nation. I love holidays like the 4th, because everyone celebrates. There is no separation of religious beliefs, etc. For those of us in the northern ends of the USA, July 4th is also the mark that the really great part of Summer is here. Beaches, BBQ's and fireworks are the norm. It is a day where you can get up, put your favorite swimsuit on and stay that way all day.

This year, I will be wearing a USA suit from Turbo. Many years back, I started buying a new swimsuit just for each year's July 4th. Last year it was a red white and blue swirled print by Speedo. the year before a patriotic suit by Funky Trunks. My favorite so far, however, was one of my most simple. It was a Tyr suit that was blue in the front, white trim on the sides in a V shape, and then a really cool shade of red across the back. Usually I am a bold print guy, but that suit just looked hot, and it felt great on. I wore it to Ogunquit (Maine) Beach for the day, and I remember that day like it just happened. I felt awesome wearing it, and it really molded around my body in the perfect way. I ran the beach in it, laid out all day and even wore it to watch the fireworks that night. I wore that suit for years, and still have it today, even though it is well worn out now.

I think this year's Turbo might be the same way. I hope it is. If you are going to the beach or lake, what swimsuit are you wearing for the 4th?

STS