Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   looking for a speedo to wear (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260)

mike37 03-04-2012 04:06 PM

looking for a speedo to wear

Hey all I need some help fine the right suit to fit me. i am5/10 w 165

Lap Counter 03-04-2012 04:58 PM

Since Speedos are skintight, you really need to try one on to see if it fits. Don't any stores in your area carry them? You may find limited colors and selection, but then you'll know what size and brand works for you when you explore the unlimited shopping possibilities of the internet.

Byron 03-04-2012 07:04 PM

new speedo

LC is right and determining your size is important. Remember that what you may decide is the right comfortable size for you in one manufacturer's product will not necessarily produce the same satisfaction in another's.

Once you have pinpointed a brand and model you really like a post here will I am sure elicit an opinion from one or more experienced reader(s) about the fit you may expect for your choice.

Byron 03-04-2012 07:14 PM

PS to mike

You may observe that Skippy and Maroon have just sorted something out as regards sizing for AussieBums.

mike37 03-05-2012 03:36 PM

Thanks for the information. I went to the store here in nj and I did try on a speedo. I tried on a size 36 and that fit really well on me. I not sure how i looked in it but i did like the feeling of it. Wish there were more colors to pick from

skippy 03-05-2012 04:39 PM

I always pick a size up for speedos I like more of the looseness in front as apposed to that flat squashed look.But I am looking towards the aussiebum as byron said cause I love the look of the aussie lifeguards.But never buy an over large speedo as I made that newbie mistake years ago when I first started buying them,Pretty ugly IMO.

Byron 03-05-2012 08:38 PM

oversizing

:) Quite right - and, going to the other extreme, be wary if you are looking at Japanese speedos. LOL: many problems there between oriental and western physiques - as you might well see from recent posts here.

As for colors, bear in mind that retail shops will often carry a limited range
to avoid holding unsold stock for months. If you take a note of what brand(s) you have liked then it is worth using your internet search facility and you will undoubtedly find the manufacturers' full ranges in a variety of colors and patterns.

sebbie 03-05-2012 10:51 PM

Assuming you are in the US, I recommend Swimoutlet.com for a wide choice in briefs. In most brands, I would say you are a 34 not 36 if you are 165 lbs and 5'10. At 5'10 and 152 a 30 fits me fine.

Sebbie

mike37 03-06-2012 12:39 AM

good to know size 34 seem a little tight on me Yes I am in the USA NJ.I am hoping to to go to the beach this year in one

skippy 03-06-2012 01:38 AM

Mike, if you are in jersey there are some speedo friendly beaches there especially the beach I go to at Gunnison Sandy hook which is a nude beach so its either nude or speedos there.I also see guys wearing speedos at the surrounding beaches there.But hell I've worn speedos at public pools and at my gym where other guys wear speedos.But the chlorine has killed many a suit.