Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Speedoforum Down? (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2868)

52dno98 09-20-2021 03:09 PM

Speedoforum Down?

Hey gang, has anyone else noticed that Speedoforum.org (Dave Evans's speedo chat board) is down?

I was curious if he got taken down by the Speedo company (again).

sinjabo 09-21-2021 07:58 AM

It's back :)

beachg0y 05-10-2024 01:18 AM

It's been down again a few days.

Torchwatch 05-10-2024 08:33 AM

I've logged in every day and rarely have an issue, I even posted yesterday when you say the site is down!
The problem the site has had has been that following Covid we haven't been able to simply go swimming at a local public pools there are strange booking and membership procedures. In Britain a lot of public pools have closed due to fuel prices.
Last summer was a washout in England, it just kept raining, no good for camping or days out at the beach, we've had a really wet winter, footpaths have been turned to mud pits by motorbikes that shouldn't be there.
At last the sun is shining, everyone looks shocked and unable to cope blinded by the light and warmth. Speedo weather!

Fairfax 05-10-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 52dno98

I was curious if he got taken down by the Speedo company (again).

I wish the word speedo could be removed from its trade mark status.

Its essentially become regarded as the unofficial name for a male swimming brief but the speedo company will defend its trademark forever.

It should be the same as the word "bikini" no trademark and open to all to use.

Torchwatch 05-11-2024 12:52 AM

There is no consistent nomenclature throughout the men's swim and underwear market, brand names are thrown about and the same thing has several names, it can get confusing at times.
Welcome to the discussion.

beachg0y 05-12-2024 11:37 AM

For some reason the site was down several days running, confirmed with the "isitdownnow" website. Then suddenly it was back. I think just posting here fixed the problem -- like the car problem that disappears the moment you take it to a mechanic! Thanks, guys.

Fairfax 05-12-2024 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torchwatch
There is no consistent nomenclature throughout the men's swim and underwear market, brand names are thrown about and the same thing has several names, it can get confusing at times.
Welcome to the discussion.

Yes that's certainly true.
I guess the point I was trying to make is that the speedo enthusiasts here often lament the lack of legitimacy mens swim briefs have as a fashion choice. Well what hope do we have of changing that if even the most commonly accepted name for them lacks legitimacy.

Bede735 05-12-2024 05:19 PM

I just use the term 'swim briefs' as I don't actually wear Speedos, anyway.