Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The new format (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13)

LongIsland Tom 11-08-2011 09:44 PM

The new format

This may work out but at first glance I don't like. Don't understand the need for the change. "Ain't broke, don't fix it"
I must not be the only one confused with the new format. Nobody is posting.

solarguy 11-08-2011 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree Tom. This does seem more confusing, but I'm sure we'll get used to it and before long, not even rember the layout of the old board. It is a shame that nobody is posting. I'm not normally a frequent poster, but I do stop by every day to see whats going on! Since its gotten cold out, I'm not wearing my Speedos and this is my fix!!

kumu 11-08-2011 10:17 PM

I get the idea they had to drop the old format because of the legal action the Speedo Corp was starting to take against some web sites. Maybe.

Mike 11-09-2011 12:55 AM

The old board was difficult to maintain. The software used was very old. I would expect guys to get used to posting here after a bit. On the new layout here, you can easily see what postings are new and there is no need to clean out the old postings each month. The old postings will automatically be placed behind the newer messages.

Mike

singletlover 11-09-2011 01:31 PM

This style of board works well. I always had a hard time finding "new" posts with the old.

Thanks for keeping this going

SwimTeamSpeedo 11-10-2011 01:44 AM

Love the new board and the sign on feature will help stop the trolls.

Lap Counter 11-11-2011 03:43 PM

a nice upgrade

I like the new look and name of this board. The new forum software is easy to get used to, and offers many advantages.
-It's going to be great to read stories that are broken up into paragraphs.
-Messages posted late in the month no longer are in danger of disappearing in an end-of-month archive.
-Pictures that can be attached to messages!

... and an overall cleaner, more modern "look". It's like moving from DOS 2.1 to Mac OSX

Flip 11-13-2011 02:41 AM

Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongIsland Tom
This may work out but at first glance I don't like. Don't understand the need for the change. "Ain't broke, don't fix it"
I must not be the only one confused with the new format. Nobody is posting.

I liked the old board much better.

LongIsland Tom 11-13-2011 12:05 PM

Suggestion.

I'm slowly starting to get use to the new format but still not very happy with the layout. It's been up for awhile now and I don't see many post. I was happy to see a couple of puzzles (Thanks guys) but we seem to have lost many old and steady posters. Not a good sign. Another problem could be the new name. While I understand the reason for omitting the word "Speedo", it's going to make it difficult for new members to find this site. I think I would have substituted the word "Breif" or "Bikini" in the title. Without new members the prospects for this Board are dim. I would hate to see the board disappear and hope that it can be revieved and prosper. I did a story line once, do you think if I started a new one it would help?

SwimTeamSpeedo 11-13-2011 01:01 PM

Hey Tom, lets give it time. I like the new format and really like that puzzles stories and open discussion are now broken out. The old board also had few posters in the end. I think the sign on aspect will scare some away, but the membership has grown quite a bit this week.