Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mate Swimwear Brand (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2288)

Sedv 03-06-2018 10:15 PM

Mate Swimwear Brand

Hey guys,

I just recently found a swimwear brand called Mate. Most of the suits they offer are pretty revealing, but some of them seem to be a bit more modest. Given that I'm interested in getting a pair, I was wondering if you think this model (https://mategear.com/products/very-s...nt=29617955526 ) is too revealing/inappropriate to wear at the beach or pool?

Thank you for your input!

MuscleSpeedo 03-07-2018 02:27 AM

Personally, I think it's a great suit. But maybe not kid friendly. I don't know. What do the rest of you guys think?

NE_OH_thonger 03-07-2018 02:35 AM

I would consider this a special occasion suit. It's probably a bit low for your average beach, though fairly tame by the standards of the site. One concern though. Have you looked at the sizing chart? This suit is only available in size small, and that is very small indeed (26 to 28 inches, or 66 to 71 cm). I am a solid medium by US sizing, but would be XXL in Mategear.

Torchwatch 03-07-2018 06:48 AM

The Mategear swimsuit you have chosen is a Japanese style men's swim bikini.
As well as being rather brief it is low cut and has a pouch front.
The low cut is going to show the top of your ass crack with a bit of tunnelling, while the pouch front will form a focal point to which peoples eyes will be attracted.
There is nothing actually indecent about these briefs but they may be too much in a public pool where nearly everyone else is wearing board shorts.
Find a quieter part of the beach where the bucket and spade brigade don't gather and you will enjoy these swim briefs.

Bikiniman 03-07-2018 10:08 AM

MateGear Suits are wonderful

I have several of their suits. They are well made and feel great on. They are low cut, they fit good. They offer a variety of cuts for various exposures.

I agree that you must be careful when selecting the size to order.

The suit you have selected is ver tasteful and comfortable. It is not cut as low as many mMate suits. Look at the MateGear Gallery of non models wearing their products.

Please post a picture of your selection

MISpeedo 03-07-2018 10:46 AM

I agree with the comments from Bikiniman. I don't see an issue with this suit if you have the build for it. It has full coverage and the pouch is basically flat compared to other manufactures (i.e. N2N) so while small, a low cut, it should be fine in public.

I see you have selected a Small, knowing it is an Asian cut you must have the build for it. All of their suits are limited edition and normally are available in S, M, L, XL, and 2XL (USA sizing normally go up one or two sizes). This model must be at the end of their stock, as they only have smalls left. Once gone, or limited inventory, they normally come out with a new model or the next series of the same model (cut).

As Bikiniman stated, as their suit line goes this is one of the fuller cuts. It has a fuller rear than many do, but there are still a few others models with more coverage if you look carefully. Check out the Mo Jae Series II for example. Their on line chat/customer service is excellent to help you with sizing and other models.

Check out Splashbodywear.com for another manufacturer. I have several of their suits and really like them.

Hope you get it and look forward to a photo post. Enjoy it.

MuscleSpeedo 03-07-2018 07:21 PM

If you get one of these, naturally we're going to want to see pictures of you wearing it! :D

PSDave 03-10-2018 07:21 PM

from what I've seen of their suits you need to be very skinny with a small but to wear one. They have a couple I like but don't think they would be comfortable. As skimpy as they are I don't think it would take much movement to cause a coverage problem.

BikenSwim 03-13-2018 04:17 PM

I have several Mategear suits, if you choose carefully the rear coverage is fine and there is no gapping in front. I just bought a Mo Jae II and a Nu Yo flat front suits. These flat front suits are very low cut in front with no pouch at all, no baggy look if you are lucky to be smaller in front. I like how it looks sleek, and feels as they minimize and press everything in. At first I thought I could never fit in them, but they "break in" after a few wearings and fit like a glove.

MuscleSpeedo 03-13-2018 08:46 PM

I was just looking at more of those suits. They have a huge variety. Most extremely skimpy, of course. Those are awesome. I love the ones that are a take-off on the traditional speedo shape, but just EXTREMELY low cut. Like the Ton Ujin, and especially the Dae Keun. I LOVE the back on that suit! Yea, it's like, "why bother" but that's what makes it so hot, LOL.