Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Life String Bikini (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331)

Freestyle 05-18-2018 10:54 PM

Life String Bikini

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I'm a big fan of the Life String Bikinis (pics) they carry at Wal-Mart. I'm up in Canada and they don't sell them here, but have noticed that the US Wal-Marts may be discontinuing them. Has anyone seen them there recently?

If you do happen to come across some in the US, would really appreciate if anyone could pick me up a box and I could repay via PayPal.

PSDave 05-19-2018 12:04 AM

order thru their website

Minimalist75 05-19-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestyle
Hey guys,

I'm a big fan of the Life String Bikinis (pics) they carry at Wal-Mart. I'm up in Canada and they don't sell them here, but have noticed that the US Wal-Marts may be discontinuing them. Has anyone seen them there recently?

If you do happen to come across some in the US, would really appreciate if anyone could pick me up a box and I could repay via PayPal.

So you use something designed as underwear for swimming? Do you have any problem with it becoming somewhat see-through when wet?

Bullseye 05-19-2018 11:46 PM

I've seen them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestyle
Hey guys,

What size do you need? Are you factoring in the cost for shipping? Not sure if they will be such a bargain after that.

swim suit eddie 05-20-2018 05:18 PM

string bikinis

The only string ties bikinis Iv'e seen were mostly worn by women. There were men's speedo style swim briefs made of nylon lycra in the late 1960's seen and worn on European beaches. They had tie strings on the leg bands, keeping them from riding up in the rear. I did get to wear one of these style swim briefs, not a bikini, several years ago. They fit quite well, fully lined inside with white lycra and outside material being shiny blue colored polyester. The interesting part was a white stretch belt with a plastic buckle and even a draw string, like speedos. They fit perfectly wearing them dry and fit closer when wet after swimming. My first time wearing them, these swim briefs felt so soft and snug, giving me a nice hard on fitting like a water polo swim suit. After swimming with my uncle, we went to the private swim club locker room to shower and change. I was a young adult at the time and still shy about being nude with older men in the locker room and showers. There were only a few guys there at the time and they did compliment how sexy i looked in those swim briefs with the side strings. My uncle would have towels and robes ready to wear after showering. He looked me over still in those tight wet shiny blue briefs with the string ties, saying "it looks like you'll need help out of that swimsuit." As we stood outside the showers, he slowly untied the side strings, as I felt the clinging lycra press closer to my excited lowers. then methodically, unfastened the belt buckle and reached under the tight waist band uncovering the drawstrings and slowly untied it. Once in the showers, while facing each other, he would stretch the clinging wet waist band, then began pulling and tugging on the wet swimsuit. I looked down, seeing the dangling leg ties, unfastened belt and untied drawstrings and feeling the tight wet briefs slowly coming down below my waist. Soon he got them down and off me. I really liked wearing them, and being taken off was really beautiful. He said "I knew you would be hard in them and being those swim briefs weren't coming off easy, you needed help out of them." I really liked wearing them, especially at the swim club, despite the added joyful plight in the showers. I never saw any other male swimsuits like them again, especially in the U.S. Although this swim wear wasn't bikini style with leg ties, they fit so well and I really liked briefs style, feeling very snug and secure in them.

Torchwatch 05-21-2018 03:32 AM

I remember seeing square cut swim suits with laced up sides when I was 6 or 7 in our local Victorian indoor swimming pool, the fabric was generally cotton, and the boot laced sides held them on tight, but this style had disappeared by the time I was 10.

When I was about 10 I saw the Blue Peter Holiday, this children's magazine program made their presenters do dangerous feats (like climbing Nelson's Column without safety ropes) then back in the studio they'd make something out of toilet rolls and sticky backed plastic, while watched by Petra and Shep the Blue Peter dogs. On the Blue Peter Holiday they went to an exotic location and I clearly remember seeing John Noaks and Peter Purvis wearing string bikinis, the front and rear of these minimal swim suits supported by a narrow elastic waist band. So at that time the BBC considered them to be suitable wear for male children's television presenters.

Among the Stitchboy Patterns there is a string bikini, I have made one and enjoyed wearing on British and French beaches. I have an older string bikini I bought from C&A in the 1980's before they closed down in the UK. "The 1970's are always in style at C&A" said a comedian.

Freestyle 05-21-2018 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye
What size do you need? Are you factoring in the cost for shipping? Not sure if they will be such a bargain after that.

I would need them in a Medium. Yep would definitely pay for shipping. Right now there are people selling them on eBay for about $32 CAD including shipping. I know the box only costs about $10 CAD and shipping probably another $5 so I'm hoping it will still save half the price.

Let me know if you're up for helping, but don't worry about it if having a look at wal-mart is out of your way.

Freestyle 05-21-2018 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist75
So you use something designed as underwear for swimming? Do you have any problem with it becoming somewhat see-through when wet?

I have a lycra suit that's similar to these that I've worn for swimming. It's very hot! These aren't for swimming, but for working out or exercising. I find their ideal to wear when I'm active, but you're right I wouldn't really consider them as swimwear.

Swimmboy 05-22-2018 01:32 AM

I have not seen Life string bikinis at Walmart for maybe the past two years or so? And I don't see them on their web site, so they may not make or sell them any longer? Too bad - I like them as well!

speedorob86 05-22-2018 02:39 PM

ouuu nice!

would love a package - but not paying those ebay prices!