Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Upperclassmen required briefs? Swim team? (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256)

dkdk68 01-10-2018 03:26 AM

Upperclassmen required briefs? Swim team?

Are there any swim teams (high school or otherwise) that allow underclassmen to wear jammers but require all upperclassmen to wear briefs/speedos?

Minimalist75 01-10-2018 12:04 PM

Don't know of any, but I have heard that when given a choice, upperclassmen are more likely to go with speedos than underclassmen.
Probably increasing body confidence with age.

sebbie 01-10-2018 12:25 PM

I'm convinced that this is more about going to interschool swim meets and merely observing what the best swimmers from the other schools are wearing when they clock their best times. By the following meet, the younger and slower swimmers and even some of the swimmers on the weaker teams will be wearing whatever it was that the best swimmers were wearing at the previous meet. It's really the rivalry that determines the choice. And if the best swimmers look particularly intimidating in their snug-fitting briefs, the other guys will soon be doing the same. Of course, if the best swimmers are all wearing jammers,...but the trend has been away from jammers and back to briefs.

dkdk68 01-10-2018 11:31 PM

I agree with the points above, however I'm referring to the team's policies. Can anybody see if there are any teams or schools like this though? Anybody able to find out anything?

dkdk68 01-11-2018 04:29 AM

To clarify: By upperclassmen, I just meant older athletes. By underclassmen, I meant the younger athletes.

DadInASpeedo 01-12-2018 01:23 AM

My son just experienced this. Until this year, the boys all wore jammers. This year he joined the varsity team and they have to wear briefs.

50 Free 01-12-2018 11:49 PM

Common freshman question: "Do we hafta wear Speedos?"
Senior answer: "No, you GET TO wear speedos."

dkdk68 02-16-2018 08:19 PM

Anything spelled out in policy or PDF though? Surely somewhere.

Swimmboy 02-17-2018 09:41 PM

I doubt there is a school that would have separate uniform requirements for different grade levels. Most schools have one supplier who provides team apparel. Swimmers are probably allowed to select both briefs and jammers. As others have noted (and as a long-time swim meet official, I have noticed) - swimmers often wear briefs in regular dual-meets, but switch to jammers for end-of-season championships. Such championships are usually 2-4 day meets, and the jammers provide much-needed support for tired upper leg muscles. A college swimmer explained that to me a few years ago.

sebbie 02-17-2018 11:25 PM

Some time ago someone here provided a link to a swim club document that said they permitted swimmers below a certain level to wear jammers but above that level were required to wear briefs. The link is here somewhere but i would have trouble locating it.