Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chat and Discussion (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tatts (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1559)

PSDave 04-28-2015 02:36 PM

Tatts

I have to wonder why a guy would spend hours at the gym working on the perfect body then cover it with tattoos. I's like graffiti on a beautiful sculpture.
I know its a fad and will bass, but unlike bell bottom pants or afros or purple hair, they are there for life. Do they really think they will still want the be covered with art they liked when they were 20 years younger? I work for a consulting firm and we just finished with a company that will not hire anyone with a tattoo. They want the help to blend in and not stick out and distract from the experience they are selling. It seems to be a growing trend. Personally, I just don't understand why work that hard to have the perfect body then cover it with ink.

Dooley67 04-28-2015 08:24 PM

I couldn't agree with you more, PSDave. I think that a small tattoo can be attractive if it's tasteful and colorful, but covering one's body with many tattoos is really over the top. I wonder, however, if the company that won't hire anyone with a tattoo could accused of discrimination by a tattoo wearer.

D67

singletlover 04-29-2015 10:49 AM

I too agree. I do have to say the art work is usually very well done. Living here in a navy town I see the older gents tattoos and usually I cannot figure out what it actually was 20-30 years ago.

Local bar had many guys and girls wearing nude color arm sleeves. I asked why and was told tattoos were not to be visible.

Glad I did not jump on that band wagon......others not so much

7_of_Fine 05-03-2015 09:55 AM

hmm.. I think i may be a minority in saying that I enjoy heavy coverage tattoos.
A nicely muscled arm with a full sleeve... gives me the vapors every time.
As for it being a fad, consider that tattoos have been around for well beyond recorded history. I feel as though they only seem like a fad now because there's a movement going on to make them more acceptable in society/the workplace (and it's sort of working).
Though, I can say that sometimes, i wish a bit more care and thought would go into some ink-jobs. I've seen a few that were poorly placed, cheaply done (different from inexpensively done), and were ill-conceived.
The most attractive ink to me serves to accentuate and enhance one's physique.

and I am a sucker for a mature guy with lots of tats (blurry or not).

Drenalin 05-18-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7_of_Fine
hmm.. I think i may be a minority in saying that I enjoy heavy coverage tattoos.
A nicely muscled arm with a full sleeve... gives me the vapors every time.
As for it being a fad, consider that tattoos have been around for well beyond recorded history. I feel as though they only seem like a fad now because there's a movement going on to make them more acceptable in society/the workplace (and it's sort of working).
Though, I can say that sometimes, i wish a bit more care and thought would go into some ink-jobs. I've seen a few that were poorly placed, cheaply done (different from inexpensively done), and were ill-conceived.
The most attractive ink to me serves to accentuate and enhance one's physique.

and I am a sucker for a mature guy with lots of tats (blurry or not).

I agree with you on this for the most part. A few well thought out, rightly placed and good quality tats can really accent ones figure. I've got a small one on my left shoulder blade and just got a new one, fairly large, on my right side. With a tan and a good suit the tat really pulls it all together.
With that said, I do think a person can overdo it just as they can with piercings.

Tsturbo 05-20-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drenalin
I agree with you on this for the most part. A few well thought out, rightly placed and good quality tats can really accent ones figure. I've got a small one on my left shoulder blade and just got a new one, fairly large, on my right side. With a tan and a good suit the tat really pulls it all together.
With that said, I do think a person can overdo it just as they can with piercings.

I used to be opposed to tats and piercings, recently got my nips pierced and then got a PA:D Loving both of these and now want a tat or two:cool:
Try it, you might like it:eek:

Turbofan 05-24-2015 09:24 PM

I'm working on completing a full body suit . I've got everything from neck to knees covered. Guess it's all perspective on what you think is attractive.

Drenalin 01-14-2016 05:01 AM

http://drenalin84.tumblr.com/image/127321798550

Here's a nice view of the tattoo I got last year before Summer. I love it but I won't be planning another side tat for a long time lol

solarguy 01-14-2016 12:11 PM

Great Tatt!! Love your collection of suits!! Lookin' hot!

MISpeedo 01-14-2016 02:37 PM

Nice ink

Great looking tattoo, suit and body. All work great together!!