Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Speedo Bikini Review (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2383)

lapswimmer 09-04-2018 01:00 PM

Speedo Bikini Review

I thought I would post a new thread dedicated to personal opinion and review of our bikini swimwear as a testament to the pluses and minuses, pros and cons, of suits we have purchased and used in real time in the pool, spa, sea, and surf. I will begin the post with a a review of a recent purchase. Hopefully I can convey enough info so you can draw your own conclusions and perhaps guide you to a purchase of your own.

lapswimmer 09-04-2018 01:17 PM

Kiniki Andre Micro Swim

2 Attachment(s)
The Kiniki suits can be purchased direct from Kiniki.com. The Andre is a nylon/lycra suit. It has a 3/4" side, no lining, and is very comfortable to wear. The photos are my yellow medium size, waist 32, fit in both dry and wet condition. The contoured front allows for a reasonable range of package size and does not hide or shape the package in either dry or wet condition. I posted the dry suit in color of the month challenge. these photos are when it is wet and as you can see, the outlines show clearly.

there is no draw string, which in the case of this suit would take from its styling. Swimming laps is okay, however, flip turns and hard push-offs will drag the suit and make it feel like it is coming off. Other than that issue, this is a very well made suit, great material, and fit, and works well in any swim or sunning setting. Questions and comments are always welcome.

mark 09-04-2018 02:53 PM

great review lapswimmer i have just bought the andre in red and will let you know what i think once it has turned up. i think a review page would be a great idea so as to give other members an idea as to what the suits look and feel like before buying.

lapswimmer 09-04-2018 03:27 PM

Thank you Mark. Glad you support the notion. I have a tan-through coming and will give it a review when it gets here. The idea is for others like you to also comment and I look forward to your photos and comments.

We all have different bodies and few are sporting sixpacks like the models on the websites. So hopefully we can promote the bikini style on our bodies for other's benefit.

lapswimmer 09-04-2018 08:42 PM

Neptune Scepter Bikini

1 Attachment(s)
The Neptune Scepter line of bikinis are low front coverage with cover-the-crack seat. The Taiwan made suit is sized off of the hip measurement and not the waist, like we are mostly used to. The suits are made of 63% Poly and 37% spandex giving the suit a nice two way stretch and tight fit and extremely smooth feel. Being unlined you will show more in these suits. The contoured front is small and does not contain the well endowed as they are Asian cuts for Asian bodies. These suits do have draw strings which are very nice for lap swimming. The draw string tucks nicely in the suit and holds it tight to your hips. Other than the string tightness the suit's feel disappears from your body.

I am illustrating here a well worn wet suit. New suits seem to be less revealing and compress the package more giving a roundness to your package. I chose the medium size shown here and the cut is consistent on every NS suit I have purchased through the years. A dry pic was used in the color of the month challenge, so I am showing it wet after my lap swim. These suits are a print on white material, so as shown here, the white material has a slight flesh appearance from the see-through perspective.

I highly recommend Neptune Scepter for the quality of workmanship and multiple prints to choose from. However, there is only one design for cut and fit. If you like a low front bikini but want full seat coverage, I think you will like this brand.

lapswimmer 09-05-2018 12:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
While surfing the internet for Low Rise Men's Bikini, I ran onto a site in Bulgaria that will custom cut their suit to fit your liking. They sell thru Etsy which is predominately a women's clothing outlet, but the bikini was directed to the male wearer. The name is Magneti.

The suit is made of a very soft spandex lycra blend and are single color, no patterns. You size the suit based on your weight, not waist inches or CM which I thought to be unique. And they are handmade to order. I requested a 1/2 CM reduction in the front contour and 1/2 CM reduction in the seat cut for a little more show there. The maker will email back and forth with you on your customization including photos of the final suit. The suit has a drawstring which is good for rushing water activity. The suit is so soft it simply clings to the body and like so many suits, feel like you are wearing nothing. They line the suit with another print fabric so there is no see-thru concerns with this suit. Stitching and craftsmanship is very good.

The maker will save your pattern of your custom cut for future reference as they encourage repeat business.

The photos are a quick dry run just to indicate the styling. The softness of the material does not allow a snug capture of the package, although sizing down or having them cut it tighter may be better suited for your liking. For the larger package, this suit will embrace it comfortably. I can recommend this maker to anyone liking this kind of cut.

NE_OH_thonger 09-05-2018 06:46 PM

Link please? Searching "magneti" autocorrects to magnetic, so can't find this seller

speedorob86 09-05-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NE_OH_thonger
Link please? Searching "magneti" autocorrects to magnetic, so can't find this seller

https://www.etsy.com/shop/magneti

lapswimmer 09-05-2018 09:26 PM

Here is link i found the suit on.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2359593...wimsuit-briefs

lapswimmer 09-06-2018 07:10 PM

Kiniki Tan-Through Micro Bikini

2 Attachment(s)
Illustrated here is a medium size Kiniki brand Azure (I favor blue) micro bikini. The purpose of the Tan-through fabric is just that; to allow enough sun's rays to penetrate the material to provide less tan line on the wearer. This suit reminds me of the Speedo Paper suits from the 70's. The material is paper thin with very small penetrations to let the light through.

I just received the suit today and shot a couple of images for the post. If you hold the suit up to the light you can see through it, but the print design is cleaver enough to hide the genitals for public wearing. Advise to shave the bush for this suit as the suit will look like it has a beard, which could be a novel conversation piece!!!

There is no draw string as that would defeat the purpose of the suit. I do not recommend wearing this one for fast movement in the water as it does not fit tight but is snug to the body and feels almost invisible when walking around. The flat front is also party to the purpose as a front seam my create a line in the wrong area. Seems to be enough suit for a reasonable package size.

There is still plenty of sunning weather in Texas so I will test the efficiency of smoothing out my tan line and feeling practically naked enjoying the moment.

Price point for these suits is about $16 US which is cheap for many of these styles. Kiniki ships direct and front England to Texas is about 10 days.

lapswimmer 09-06-2018 09:16 PM

Kiniki Tan-Through Micro Bikini Sunning

1 Attachment(s)
Could not wait so took some time today to lay out and get the feel of this new suit.
I could feel the heat on the package, so next time I will apply some sunscreen to the genitals. Other than that it suns as advertised and wet with sweat I don't think you can make out the genitalia. A safe bikini to wear in public for sure. Take note on the website, Kiniki.com there are several styles besides the micro cut that I prefer. You may want more coverage and still get a smooth tan transition.

Minimalist75 09-07-2018 02:56 AM

Kiniki Micro

I ordered a Kiniki Micro and when I tried it on, the top of my bush and crack were showing, That was a little too much exposure for me, so I bought a full cut brief and really like it. So light and stretchable that it doesn't make me feel too contained.

LeDandy 09-07-2018 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist75
I ordered a Kiniki Micro and when I tried it on, the top of my bush and crack were showing, That was a little too much exposure for me, so I bought a full cut brief and really like it. So light and stretchable that it doesn't make me feel too contained.

I've changed my mind about showing bush. I think it is an incredibly hot look to show just a hint of upper bush. I'm with you on not showing buttcrack.

speedonutt 09-09-2018 06:12 AM

Does anyone know or have any experience with Qswimwear. There is a big sale, they look hot, but I've seen several posts that it takes like months to ever get your order delivered. Anyone know anything or have pics of people actually wearing a pair. The site and Google only show images of a empty swimsuit.

lapswimmer 09-10-2018 12:54 PM

NO crack here

2 Attachment(s)
I understand the issue of shaving and some guys just don't want to do it. No worries. I do shave and the lady like it. So, if she likes it, I like. The Kiniki micro cuts by many standards is conservative, especially compared to the Asian counterparts that show half your ass. The 3/4 cut is very comfortable and is high enough in the rear to easily cover your butt. I forgot to mention the liner in front si good support and does help prevent see-thru in all conditions.

Minimalist75 09-10-2018 03:25 PM

Kiniki Micro

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapswimmer
I understand the issue of shaving and some guys just don't want to do it. No worries. I do shave and the lady like it. So, if she likes it, I like. The Kiniki micro cuts by many standards is conservative, especially compared to the Asian counterparts that show half your ass. The 3/4 cut is very comfortable and is high enough in the rear to easily cover your butt. I forgot to mention the liner in front si good support and does help prevent see-thru in all conditions.

I found that the top of my crack and bush were exposed.
Might be because I am on the heavier side and wear an XL.

lapswimmer 09-11-2018 12:13 PM

Wet Kiniki Andre

1 Attachment(s)
Just a note on the unlined Kiniki Andre in yellow. Just left the hot tub and as you can see the thickness of the material gives good opaqueness although there is this hint of skin beneath. I would still be comfortable on any beach or around a splash pool in the suit. Has anyone else used the suit for public activity? Would love to hear from you. The price point at about $10 US is incredible for the quality also.

lapswimmer 12-15-2018 03:01 PM

Seobean Bikini

2 Attachment(s)
This suit is purchased in a large size. Normally I wear medium in Neptune Scepter and others, but as this is Asian cut and sizing, the large fits the 34 inch hips comfortably. Got this on Ebay for about $8 US. Very good material and stitching. Flat front compresses the package for modest presentation, but comfortable to wear and almost feels naked to wear. I like the rear coverage as in this size and low hip cut, no butt crack is visible like so many other suits of this nature. Would be a good suit in any family setting and still give minimal coverage. I give this suit a 9 out of 10 for fit, feel and quality.

Schoolspeedo 12-15-2018 04:35 PM

hi-i regularly wear the turquoise Andre micro to my pool without issue.love the fabric. I have all the Andre micros and love them. Haven't worn the white or yellow in public yet though wore the white to a friend's hot tub and when ia asked her if it was transparent she didn't think so. just wish kiniki would make a royal/mid blue one in the same style. don't like the patterned micros as there is no front seam or dart to give room for a decent bulge.

lapswimmer 12-16-2018 02:54 PM

Kiniki Andre Micros

Is it me or do you think they use a different material between the colors. My white Andre seems heavier material than the Turquoise and it is apparent in the bulge on each suit. The Turquoise seems lighter or thinner. Your thoughts?

Schoolspeedo 12-22-2018 07:37 PM

I have both the yellow and white in this style (Kiniki micro andre) and it does show a little, though I find the fabric quite restrictive. I have all the colours in this style and regularly wear the turquoise to my local pool. It has a lovely soft feel, in contrast to the white/yellow and allows a nice shape to the contents. Just wish they'd make a med/royal blue colour and have asked them a couple of times.

bluebird70 01-06-2019 10:40 PM

i luv my purple kiniki micro andre

luv to show off in it

Napoleon44 01-07-2019 07:20 PM

Kiniki Andre plus others

I have just received the first part of my latest kiniki order.
I purchased a red turquoise and yellow andre . I do like fairly brief suits for the pool and these are perfect with enough rear coverage to be acceptable but thin enough sides to be a daring wear .They measure 1 inch sides which I regard as acceptable .
The brighter the colour the more nerve one has to have . The yellow is thicker possibly double lined to preserve modesty . I will be wearing all of these to selective pools . They are very comparable to the Joe Snyder Bikini in size and design .
I also received a Kiniki Newton thong in royal blue which has string sides and a nice triangle rear flash . That will be on the beach later this year . Also an oxford thong in yellow which is pure underwear and very comfortable . Lovely small tight pouch and rear flash and a delightful comfortable wide waistband , ideal for the changing room .

Napoleon44 01-09-2019 07:56 PM

Joe snyder Rio thong and standard

Just a quick view of these twothongs which I received today . I got the rio in red as I prefer eye catching colours for the beach and it has a nice tee back and a very narrow pouch which I like very much . It is just about adequate and it looks natural not forced .

The standard thong is slightly more conservative and I purchased this in metallic black which effectively is a great wet look black . Can't wait to wear the both to the beach .

lapswimmer 01-09-2019 09:42 PM

Hey, Napolean, Lets see them on you. Part of the review string is to see the fit on the wearer. I bet they show very nice on you.

Napoleon44 01-09-2019 10:31 PM

Snyder

I think I’ll pass on that ! But thanks for the vote of confidence .

lapswimmer 02-09-2019 02:50 PM

Muscleskin Review

2 Attachment(s)
i just purchased the Muscleskin 1" Classic with a Lean seat cut, standard pouch width, -1CM depth, in a medium size and blue color. These suits are a total design to your taste.

The suit fits like a glove and is tight to the body. And it is smooth to the touch like most Lycra materials are. Not having a drawstring it is very comfortable but I have not swam hard in it, or been in the surf. I like the Lean seat with a little cheeky coverage. Will need to sun in this suit for a new tan line.

I went with the -1 CM pouch depth to get a more flat front, but still have a nice bulge presentation with comfort yet support. Depending on the size of your package, you can get larger pouch depths at no extra cost.

The 1" side is actually less than that so if you want more band on the sides, go with a wider cut. Again, no extra cost.

The maker is in the USA and corresponds with you during the ordering process. I recommend this suit in any situation and will order another.

Bikiniman 02-09-2019 04:28 PM

Great Looking Suit!

That blue muscleskin looks wonderful. Thanks for posting both front and back photos. I would love to see how it looks when wet.

How is the bulge outline? Wet wet do you show a significant VPL? How about head or ball detail when wet? Did the reduced pouch depth increase the bulge detail?

Did you adjust the with of the pouch? I noticed that they offered a narrow pouch option on the classic.

I like the lean seat on you, you could even go narrower.

Hope to see more photos!

lapswimmer 02-11-2019 01:07 PM

The Wet Look

2 Attachment(s)
Bikiniman, I hope I can answer your questions.These photos are when the suit is wet. You can see a VPL when my penis is flacid. And you can see some outline of the head. The suit cradles my balls comfortably with the smaller depth pouch giving a reasonable bulge presentation. The pouch width is the standard width. For my package size, this cut seems good. A larger person should go for the standard pouch depth. I am sure you will fill it out nicely

Also, when wet the material clings well to the body.

Bikiniman 02-11-2019 10:05 PM

Thanks lapswimmer

I appreciate the information and the pictures of the suit wet. That suit is a great choice for you!

lapswimmer 02-12-2019 12:37 PM

Neptune Scepter Bikini

2 Attachment(s)
Bikiniman;
For bulge comparison, my NS suits have a bit more pouch which carries the package tightly, but gives a good presentation. Not so much VPL in this suit as the material is stronger but holds nicely. I think the NS suit is designed more for the smaller Asian body and package, but does have room to grow in it without discomfort.

Thanks for your kind words.

Bikiniman 02-12-2019 09:56 PM

Great looking NS

That NS looks good on you. Thanks for posting

Schoolspeedo 02-14-2019 04:30 PM

Hi- I have all the Andre range and find the non-light colours better as they are not as tight with the extra layer to stop transparency. I regularly wear the turquoise swimming in a pool and have the worn the red and purple on holiday. Love the cut and fabric; just wish they would make one in royal/mid blue fabric.I've asked them several times but nothing yet.

lapswimmer 05-02-2019 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My latest Neptune Scepter suits, a royal blue pattern, and their newest line of flags. This one is the Belgian flag. I like the stripped color combination which follows thru to the back. NS is now cutting the fronts just a bit lower as is the case of many Asian styles. They are very form fitting, tight to the skin and give the bulge a nice presentation without totally revealing the goods inside. The Polyester blend is very smooth to the touch. The full back makes this suit appropriate for public use and family settings without concern. The quality of sewing is very good and the suit has a draw string for keeping it on when swimming laps or diving. They have a new summer design set of patterns including a broad flag series. Try one and I bet you never wear anything else.

StrawberryBoards 05-02-2019 02:28 PM

Thanks for the review and very nice pics lapswimmer. Do you have any photos of the rear on those? What is the cut in back like?

lapswimmer 05-02-2019 04:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the two suits at the side and rear. The yellow in the Belgian flag suit is a bit transparent when wet, as even dry, you can make out the suit tag and butt crack

ThongTom 05-03-2019 02:43 PM

Lapswimmer
You look GREAT in them suits

Bikiniman 05-03-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapswimmer
Here are the two suits at the side and rear. The yellow in the Belgian flag suit is a bit transparent when wet, as even dry, you can make out the suit tag and butt crack

The Belgian suit cut and color looks great! I really like how the solid yellow looks, I thing the light solid color and low front cut are wonderful. The back it tasteful, even a little too conservative, but suitable anywhere. Hope to see more.

lapswimmer 08-13-2019 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My latest Neptune Scepter Suit is a 83% Polyester/Spandex blend that is reminding me of the paper suit material of the late 70's. This suit hugs the package well, is a full back suit and does not cut low on the back, even tho it is very low in front.. The suit has a drawstring so it is suited for swimming laps and other raucous water activity. And the suit is on sale at a very good price point considering the cost of Asian made suits. The photos are taken with the suit wet.

lapswimmer 08-13-2019 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a shot of the rear cut.