Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   UK Swimwear fans (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2294)

Napoleon44 03-22-2018 03:06 PM

UK Swimwear fans

Hi Guys , just wondering how many UK fans we have here of minimal swimwear . It would be nice to keep in touch . I like wearing small but not extreme swimsuits . I am straight but appreciate other guys having the nerve to wear skimpy stuff . What stuff do you like ? where do you wear your swimwear ?
Where do you buy it from .? It would be great to hear from you . Paul

Torchwatch 03-22-2018 09:30 PM

Hi, I'm in Kent, down south.

Napoleon44 03-23-2018 02:08 PM

Great that’s a start . I’m in Newcastle and go to Druridge Bay it’s great for minimal speedo tanga and thong wear . How about you and others.

Bede735 03-23-2018 04:59 PM

That's weird - I live in Newcastle too!

My regular swimwear are a couple of pairs of Hom microbriefs, Aronik, Bogner and a couple of pairs of Aussiebum 1.5 classic.

speedo_guy 03-24-2018 07:14 AM

I'm in Berkshire - not the best part of the country for getting to the coast. Tend to go for a more traditional speedo than a thong, although I do sometimes go naked on a nudist beach.

bluebird70 04-05-2018 08:32 PM

i luv to wear my swim briefs on holiday
i got several kiniki pairs

swimmerman 09-09-2018 10:50 PM

Hi mate. I'm from Scotland and wear my speedos on holiday, although only getting back into wearing them since this summer. Not the climate up here for much opportunity to try them out on a beach, plus very few fellow Scots seem to wear them. A bit intimidating when you go to a public pool but set the goal of wearing my slazanger swim briefs next time I go swimming with my mate.
Going to Croatia in October so perhaps more chance then!
Happy swimming!:)

Wetbear1961 09-10-2018 09:18 AM

Count me in - based mostly in London but partly in Devon (around one week in four). I'm 57 and large build, but comfortable in my own skin.

I'm not quite sure if I count as a fan of "minimal" - I always wear Speedo or Adidas briefs for swimming and sunbathing, but a 2" side is as low as I go.

Current faves are a red Speedo Endurance (for the colour more than the feel), navy blue lycra Speedos (for the feel more than the colour) and black 3-stripe Adidas - I had a red pair once and would love to have those trunks again.

mark 09-10-2018 10:01 AM

torchwatch im in kent to.

Jack Lewis 10-04-2018 06:05 PM

London

I'm in London - a few samples at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VB...8ZfTX168cb050q

Torchwatch 10-04-2018 08:08 PM

We'll have to have a Kent meet, maybe at Larkfield Leisure Centre on a Sunday, you'll spot me, I'll be wearing yellow Arena Santamarias.
Though I'd really like to visit Crystal Palace one day and swim in a 60m pool.

uktrunks 10-13-2018 08:44 AM

I'm in London and mostly wear Manta swimming trunks, which are small at the sides but very comfortable. I also wear black Adidas swimming trunks sometimes.

Bond231 10-20-2018 08:28 AM

Hello fellow UK speedo clad guys!

This is my first post, I'm 27 based in South London. Have been a huge speedo and briefs fan since 13. My favourite brands are adidas and I have a fair few different brands.

Torchwatch 10-20-2018 09:41 AM

Welcome uktrunks and bondi231, do you get your black Adidas trunks at Sports Direct? I look forward to reading posts from both of you are hearing of you opinions and preferences.
Keep wearing your briefs, swimming and having your say.

uktrunks 10-21-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Welcome uktrunks and bondi231, do you get your black Adidas trunks at Sports Direct? I look forward to reading posts from both of you are hearing of you opinions and preferences.
Keep wearing your briefs, swimming and having your say.

Hi! No I bought 2 pairs of Adidas Infinitex 3-stripe swimming briefs from Amazon two years ago: one in black, the other in royal blue. I love the fabric, which is extremely soft and clingy, and the cut is extremely comfortable: very high in the leg, but with a good pouch for the essentials. Though I'm really a 34", I bought the 36" and it has turned out a good choice: because of the fabric, the trunks aren't at all baggy, and I lace them up tightly and find that works very well for a long swim.

Later, because the blue trunks were beginning to wear out (I do a lot of swimming and they were my favourites), I bought some Adidas Inifinitex Inspiration trunks. Also from Amazon, and I think European stock. Because of the size dilemma I just mentioned, I went for a size 4 rather than 5, and it turned out to be a bad choice. I like the look of the Inspiration, which has a coloured side panel, with the three stripes at an angle rather than straight, but I was disappointed by the fit which was very tight: I think the style of side panel makes the trunks much less stretchy than the others, and the fabric is less soft and clingy. The Inspiration trunks also seem to sit lower over your hips, less high cut at the legs (which gives a lot of freedom). So I ended up getting some Manta trunks from Amazon, which have been pretty good - though I'll continue wearing my old black Adidas 3-stripe till they finally give up!

lapswimmer 10-21-2018 01:52 PM

Kiniki suits

1 Attachment(s)
I have grown fond of the Kiniki suits made in the UK. Well made, nylon and lycra for good wear resistance, and fit like a glove. My choice is the Micro cut. The white one I am posting does have a bit of transparency when wet, but my yellow one is quite fine. The small size fits me like a glove and I could wear it all day.

uktrunks 10-21-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapswimmer
I have grown fond of the Kiniki suits made in the UK. Well made, nylon and lycra for good wear resistance, and fit like a glove. My choice is the Micro cut. The white one I am posting does have a bit of transparency when wet, but my yellow one is quite fine. The small size fits me like a glove and I could wear it all day.

Wow, looks an awesome suit, and you look awesome in it! Do you wear it for regular swimming in pools and fitness clubs? Any guidance on the sizing?

lapswimmer 10-21-2018 03:01 PM

Thanks for the compliment UK. Kiniki sizing is more US/Europe than Asian so you can go by the sizing they show on their site. By their standard and my waist a Medium is good and I have a medium. However the stretch of the material is such I went to a small which is shown above and it is tighter of course, but still very comfortable. It will depend on how you like the fit. Hope this helps. The cost is really good for the quality of the suit.

So far I have only worn the suit at home in the spa. However, I would not worry to wear it on the beach or at a pool. For my lap swimming, i prefer my Neptune Scepter suits. Just a choice, not a styling thing.

Minimalist75 10-21-2018 04:24 PM

Kiniki Micro

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment UK. Kiniki sizing is more US/Europe than Asian so you can go by the sizing they show on their site. By their standard and my waist a Medium is good and I have a medium. However the stretch of the material is such I went to a small which is shown above and it is tighter of course, but still very comfortable. It will depend on how you like the fit. Hope this helps. The cost is really good for the quality of the suit.

So far I have only worn the suit at home in the spa. However, I would not worry to wear it on the beach or at a pool. For my lap swimming, i prefer my Neptune Scepter suits. Just a choice, not a styling thing.

I bought a Kiniki Micro and found that it didn;t cover the top of my bush or crack. More exposure than I wanted in a clothing required venue so I got rid of it. Does yours completely cover these?

lapswimmer 10-21-2018 05:13 PM

Yes, even the small size covers the butt crack and as you can see from the low rise front if I did not shave, there would likely be bush emerging from the top of the suit. Kiniki is surely not for everyones taste.

uktrunks 10-21-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Interesting you prefer the Neptune Scepter suits. They are even briefer than the Kiniki aren't they? And completely unlined? I've been tempted by them on Amazon but haven't 'taken the plunge' because they are quite expensive and I was afraid they would be just too revealing for a public swimming pool. How does the sizing work: any guidance on that?

lapswimmer 10-22-2018 12:40 PM

Neptune Scepter Bikini

Yes, they are lower front. I have several posts on the site of my suits in different locations and activities if you want to compare the two suits on me. The unlined suit print is not transparent, which the white Kiniki suit is a bit revealing when wet. I like the cup design of the NS suit as it does hold the package well. Sizing is Asian and I wear mediums. Also, the NS suits use the HIP measurement, not the Waist measurement like others.

NS suits are also Polyester which is much thinner than the nylon Kiniki and is extremely smooth to the touch. The polyester will not wear like the nylon, but taken care of it will give you many hours in the sun and surf.

I wear my NS suits lap swimming at the Y and am generally the only guy there in a bikini cut, although a few swimmers come around in them at times.

Go to the NS website directly. They have several suits on sale and I suggest you try one. http://www.neptunescepter.com/sale

swimmerman 10-22-2018 08:33 PM

U. K Family Friendly

As a relatively new member of the board I am conscious that many more contributors have a lot more ’Speedo awareness ’ but I can't see many UK public pools or gyms or indeed many private ones be keen on guys wearing the swim briefs that some contributors are suggesting!

Torchwatch 10-22-2018 08:58 PM

In the UK you can wear 2" side racing/training speedos in most public pools, The lifeguards are recruited from lifesaving/guarding sections of swimming clubs where they will have trained and raced in speedos, square-cuts and jammers. So long as your swim suit is not less than 2" at the side, doesn't have a massive obvious pouch, isn't cut away to show your bum cheeks and isn't blatantly see through, and you spend your time swimming and not posing you'll be welcome anywhere.

Bond231 10-22-2018 09:29 PM

I've worn a speedo solar which has a 1" side. But I agree, you'd get some looks I think if you wore some more of these fashion briefs which are very high cut. As long as its a racing suit you're fine.

I wear a size 30 waist and tend to wear speedo, adidas or arena at the pool. Aussiebum or Hom maybe at the beach or a spa.

Bede735 10-24-2018 08:21 PM

Never had any problem wearing 1.5" briefs at public pools.

lapswimmer 10-25-2018 01:02 PM

2" sides OK in UK

I am from the US and have little knowledge of what is acceptable in the UK public eye. I do find it odd that Kiniki and other UK bikini makers from the past have had 3/4 to 1" sides and cheeky bottoms for many years. Yet the dialog here suggest the public would frown on wearing such suits in public view would be unacceptable. Here, no one hardly looks your way in such suits.

Torchwatch 10-25-2018 08:20 PM

There is a saying that the Italians like garlic but they also like their friends. They try not to breath garlic fumes over people they care for.
Lots of 1" briefs are being sold in the UK, so is anything from a 3/4 rear to a thong and of course dramatic pouch briefs and see through swimwear.
This stuff is reserved for the bedroom, the secluded garden and those quiet beaches where there is no one about to complain.

Even straight men like some sexy swim and under wear for those special nights in although they would swim in their local pool in knee length shorts.

If you are swimming mainly with men in knee length shorts, you'll stand out but be be accpted in 2" racing briefs. Once short shorts and 2" racing briefs become the majority knee length baggy shorts start to look stupid and you'll be accepted wearing 1" styles in public pools. 2" racing briefs are sports wear, anything briefer is fashion, the same as anything longer than short shorts for swimming is fashion.

lapswimmer 10-25-2018 08:55 PM

I get it, the difference being sport or athletic wear versus a fashion statement. Ahhh the British formality. I probably should make it clear that here in the US, or at least in Texas, at beaches and public family pool settings, you would be frowned on wearing a transparent when wet bikini that leave nothing to the imagination. My white Kiniki brief is probably not suitable for the Y and I respect that. However, laying out on a Texas beach away from others it would be okay as I would not be right in your face. As a Swimmer, I like them brief, low cut, but conservative in presentation of the anatomy, meaning you can't make out the parts in the package. i do not see why hip exposure would have anything to do with that, but then I am not on that side of the pond.

Torch, you bring good logic and wisdom to the table. You are a good chat mate.

lapswimmer 10-26-2018 12:43 PM

Butt Crack concern

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Yes, even the small size covers the butt crack and as you can see from the low rise front if I did not shave, there would likely be bush emerging from the top of the suit. Kiniki is surely not for everyones taste.

Shot this after the hot tub this morning. This suit is a medium size and on me the butt crack is covered.

Bede735 10-26-2018 05:01 PM

Now regarding women, a one-piece suit is for competitive swimming. A bikini is a fashion statement, but string sides and three-quarter back coverage will be accepted without question.

Bede735 10-27-2018 04:03 PM

Wore my royal blue Aussiebum 1.5 at the local pool today. Don't know if that's a fashion statement or not but it was very comfortable!

swimmerman 10-29-2018 07:34 PM

Back to the subject in hand?

Just wondered if there were any more U.K swimwear fans out there in addition to the ones who have already logged on to this Thread ?:)

Napoleon44 01-04-2019 07:03 AM

Edinburgh

Likely relocating to edinburgh this year . I mainly have gone to to Druridge Bay in Northumberland in the past . Are there any tolerant beaches in the area . Portobello is too busy for me . I have read about Aberlady. Has anyone been there and have any tips about how to get there . Many thanks .

devildog 01-04-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bede735
Wore my royal blue Aussiebum 1.5 at the local pool today. Don't know if that's a fashion statement or not but it was very comfortable!

Nice... can you show a pic of you in those?

Torchwatch 01-04-2019 11:22 AM

Aussibum are having a sale right now, get in quick:
https://www.aussiebum.com/sale?utm_s...eid=04bb1663c3

dbac 01-06-2019 10:52 PM

Hi all
Bit late to the party here, but just thought I'd chip in to the UK Speedo fans discussion.
I'm a 40 year old bi guy in Glasgow, been into speedos for as long as I can remember.
I've been lurking around this forum for years too, in various incarnations, so this seemed like a good opportunity to finally say hello!

speedobilly 01-07-2019 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bede735

Sometimes wear my Ausiebum's at the pool - never get unwelcome attention, even though most guys are in shorts of one sort or another. Maybe the goggles and ability to swim well(ish) makes a difference. Really like some of the Aussiebum stuff - especially the colours...

devildog 01-09-2019 11:03 AM

Good good good

swimmerman 06-24-2019 07:35 PM

Back to the subject !

We kind of lost the track of this thread..
Any other UK guys into swimwear who are on this board ?