Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More

Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Appropriate" Swimwear (http://www.MensSwimSuitBoard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440)

vega1210 02-16-2015 05:20 PM

i wear these in this list from ebay. sorry it took me so long to get back. as long as you are not walking around in the gym in just this i dont see the problem walking from the locker room to the pool and swimming laps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seobean-New-...e=STRK:MESE:IT

area51tazz 02-17-2015 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vega1210
i wear these in this list from ebay. sorry it took me so long to get back. as long as you are not walking around in the gym in just this i dont see the problem walking from the locker room to the pool and swimming laps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seobean-New-...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Cute! Too bad they're out of the blue :P

jackk78 03-23-2015 07:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
In my experience "appropriate/proper swim attire" simply means that it is at the discretion of the establishment to ask anyone to change their clothes. They don't post specific rules, because they don't want to get into semantic discussions. If briefs are allowed, can someone wear a see-through brief? They'd rather not get into that line of reasoning.

For practical purposes, these are the rules that I think apply in 99% of situations. If an establishment has a different policy, they will usually state it explicitly.

Men:
Lined briefs, square cuts, jammers, swim trunks, and board shorts are all appropriate. Briefs should have a full back coverage. Sides should be 1" or greater. Rash guards may be worn.

Women:
Lined two-piece or one-piece swimsuits are appropriate. All swimsuits should have moderate (3/4) back coverage. Board shorts and rash guards may be worn over swimsuits.

I've never heard of anyone having issues when following the preceding rules. If an establishment does not explicitly state that briefs aren't allowed, they should be acceptable.

Beaches
Beaches tend to be far less restrictive and usually guided by state/city decency laws. Some states allow women to be topless or persons of both gender to be nude. In Seattle nudity is allowed as long as it isn't indecent exposure. A number of waterfront city parks are frequented by nudists without issue. When the rules aren't posted, the genitals and (women's) breasts must be covered. In more conservative areas, the buttocks should be covered too. If you're not comfortable walking back to you car in a wet suit while a cop is watching, it's probably not appropriate.

Women's Back Coverage
Back coverage on women's suits tends to be the only big gray area. Because even modest one-piece competitive suits leave at least 1/4 of the buttocks exposed, places tend to be more lenient when it comes to how much back coverage is required. Often, as long as it's not a g-string it's okay. In general, 1/2 coverage will be considered appropriate anywhere and 1/4 coverage will be fine on most beaches.

This would be fine almost anywhere.
Attachment 397

However, this bottom might be a problem at certain establishments. In most cases, however, it would be acceptable on the beach.
Attachment 398

Bede735 03-23-2015 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They certainly seem to be a fair set of rules, but I still wouldn't object to this!

Attachment 399

jackk78 03-24-2015 03:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Even better when they bring friends...
Attachment 400

jackk78 03-24-2015 03:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Of course, the best bathing suit is the one you're born with.
Attachment 401

Torchwatch 03-24-2015 06:38 PM

Looks like Studland Bay in Dorset, England.

50 Free 03-25-2015 01:49 AM

Well then, I'm off to England! :D

area51tazz 03-25-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackk78
Men:
Lined briefs, square cuts, jammers, swim trunks, and board shorts are all appropriate. Briefs should have a full back coverage. Sides should be 1" or greater. Rash guards may be worn.

I currently have a request in to Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, TX to provide something like this. It's all I ask. I wore my Turbos and Aussiebums last year with no issues, but before I buy a season pass this year I'd like to make sure I'm going to be welcome all year.

50 Free 03-27-2015 01:48 AM

Last night at Poirier Pool a pretty good crowd tied up six lanes with some swim lessons, swim team, and lap swimming. Not to mention the play pool and enormous hot tub. Of course most men wore huge baggies because they can't swim anyway. Amongst the actual swimmers were myself, three other men and two boys in speedos compared to probably ten in jammers. The boys in speedos were on the swim team, one was one of those absolutely perfect specimens of the superbly proportioned swimmer's body at about 16-17.
So this is to report that the public here had no problem with what I wore in the pool and it was quite the norm. Just like everywhere else I have ever been.