PDA

View Full Version : Winter ski suits

singletlover
11-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Down hill skiing is in the news with the Olympics close at hand. I have always been lusting over those one-piece suits they wear. Yes I know they are custom made for them, but I can find generic on-line, but not cheap.
I have singlets, full ballet suits, and other various full body suits. Does anyone know if or how the skiing suits are different or the same.

Hopefully the same, since the one I am looking at are rather expensive.

http://www.monstermarketplace.com/alpine-ski-racing-supplies/spyder-world-cup-downhill-race-suit-no-padding-rich-purple

Byron
11-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Different I would say - and the prices reflect this as they are not just any old Lycra. From what little I know they are skintight all over the body and of absolute minimal fabric thickness and weight (and leave you cold if the sun isn't shining at the event).
Just as Lzer, sharkskin and the like are technically superior for swimmers in water the object here is anti-wind resistance to give an extra fraction of a second on speed. The Spyder shown has "x static silver fiber technology". In common parlance I would simply say shiny stretch Lycra - but as this is apparently the copyright of Artechski.com have you tried a question to them to explain what they have achieved (eg windtunnel tests etc.) and how ?

Byron
11-20-2013, 08:43 PM
David Jacobs, founder of the Spyder racing ski suit company, apparently holds the patent on SpeedWyre. I've never seen it but is a series of raised seams on arms and legs and makes the wearer so aerodynamic that there is a wind-drag reduction of 20% (I have also read 40%, so who do you believe?).

LOL - rather amusing that there is a swimming jammer/bodysuit connection there also - the FIS banned them as giving unfair advantage to some competitors.

singletlover
11-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Just the same, they are hot to look at.
More reading showed some have padding in certain areas, but did not elaborate.
I just need to be ready to search come the end of winter, to see if a bargin can be found.

Byron
11-22-2013, 04:37 PM
http://uk.ask.com/question/descente-ski-racing-suits
(red Descente just sold on Ebay for $75)

swim suit eddie
06-18-2014, 09:52 PM
:) I have two nice winter ski pants, that look like a preteen.s winter wear. One pair is navy blue and the other is light tan colored, They are made of light polyester, They are like overalls, with snap button bib in front and long leg zippers. They fit great and feel so light and warm. Underneath, I wear a flannel shirt, leotard and tights with the last layer of underwear,speedo type briefs. One of the best time I've had wearing my layered winter wear, was on a very cold day in February, when I had to go to the clinic for an annual winter time physical. As I waited to be called in, the warm and snug feeling of my winter outfit was giving me an erection and some anxiety, knowing they will coming off soon. I did bring a change of clothes too, because it would take too long getting them back on. I had a ride home also. I brought a pair of winter boxer shorts and a tee shirt for underwear with jeans, to wear after my physical examination. I was called in by the nurse,leading me to the examination room. She complimented how cute I looked in my winter attire, letting me stay dressed for now. I'm sitting on the examination table, when a lovely lady doctor comes into the room. She introduces herself and complements my tan colored winter snow pants. She then went over the medical records with me. Shortly after she told me I would have to get undressed. "Everything comes off". The nurse came back with the long hospital gown,She said "If need be, she will help me getting out of my winter attire. I quietly said" I think I'll need help" I took off my winter shoes and socks, showing my feet, encased in royal blue nylon. The nurse, who also was an attractive lady, had me get off the exam table and stand with my hands over my head. As I was standing,another pretty nurse came in, preparing to start my examination. with the blood pressure and weight scale set up. I was starting to enjoy my situation, One nurse began un doing bib snaps on my snow pants as the other nurse helped her,bending over, gently opening the leg zippers.then my flannel shirt was unbuttoned and off me. then both nurses firmly pulled and tugged the snug snow pants down and off me. It felt so nice being stripped by two pretty nurses as my first warm layer came off. They said I reminded them of working in pediatrics again, with my childish reactions, getting me out of my winter outfit. I was down to my royal blue leotard and tights now, as one nurse left the room for other duties. Now the other pretty nurse took my blood pressure, weighed and measured me. The lovely doctor came back to see if I was ready yet, noticing my full hard on outlined in the blue leotards. The nurse said I should be ready soon. The doctor told me "Those Danskins have to come off too", The nurse had me put my hands over my head again, then unzipped the blue leotard, as the doctor helped free my arms and pull the leotard down to my waist. Both her and the nurse looked over my bare chest for any lumps or moles.The doctor said once I'm naked, for me to lay down on the examination table. I was reminded again by the nurse to keep my hands over my head as she reached under the still clinging leotard, tights and speedo briefs. It felt so nice, her pulling and tugging down my last three layers, I did wiggle a bit and blushed as my fully erect boner began to show. They just reacted to my plight as a normal healthy reaction. Before I knew it all three layers, leotard, tights and tight speedo briefs were down to my ankles and now totally nude. Once she freed my ankles and feet from the leotards and speedo briefs,she helped me put the awful gown on. I was helped back on the examination table by the doctor, where she continued my physical for over one half hour and I was given a clean bill of health. Both the nurse and doctor were really nice with me. and I enjoyed very much, them helping me giving up the layers of my warm, winter outfit. I wasn't happy about wearing the baggy undershorts and trousers home, but savored the memory of my winter physical examination by these lovely clinic staff members.

singletlover
06-20-2014, 12:12 PM
I want one, but the pricing is jest a bit too much. But that are hot looking.

shaulis
06-20-2014, 12:59 PM
I loved mine this past winter. lt kept me as warm as my old ski suit but with much less bulk