PDA

View Full Version : Florida beaches

Byron
06-02-2012, 04:35 AM
:confused: Does anyone know Melbourne FL ?

(picked up a line of a blog to say that speedos on
the beach are illegal and wearing them can result
in a $500 fine).
(and something similar for thongs in Daytona ?)

Lap Counter
06-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Florida seems to spend far too much energy passing laws about attire. West Palm Beach prohibits men from running shirtless. I've heard of several cities that ban thongs. I can't remember where they passed a law to prohibit teenagers from sagging their pants to reveal their boxers (but it was somewhere in the South).

But Speedos? All body parts are covered, so how do they decide what's illegal?

(It would be worth trying to track this down to avoid spreading an untrue rumor)

NJHunkguy
06-02-2012, 10:05 PM
These type of ordinances are stupid. How can any local men or any men from around the world visiting know any specific towns have restrictions prohibits men from running shirtless or even wearing Speedo types.

Swimmboy
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Byron - Melbourne does not even have a "beach" - the city is located along an inland waterway, and the nearby Atlantic beach areas are actually separate municipalities such as Indialantic and Melbourne Beach. The public pools in Melbourne do have regulations, which I have pasted here: "Proper swimming attire must be worn. Cut off jeans, oversized shirts, & thongs are not permitted." So Speedos should be fine. It is a family and retiree-oriented community, so I can understand their desire to prohibit thongs for both sexes....

Byron
06-03-2012, 06:12 PM
...thanks for clarification.

PSDave
06-03-2012, 07:09 PM
actually I can understand the restrictions on thongs on either sex. Having worked at a hotel where I saw both sexes in thongs I can honestly say that most that wore them shouldn't have. Lets just say that when a man or woman that was not properly groomed bent over it was not a pretty site.

Byron
06-04-2012, 04:12 AM
As you mention both sexes I have also seen medical advice as regards the bum string and the cross-infection susceptability between two parts of the female anatomy.