PDA

View Full Version : What is your hottest suit

SwimTeamSpeedo
03-24-2012, 12:11 PM
OK, despite our huge collections, we all know we have them, one or two suits that are our favorites. What is the hottest or most favorite suit you have (or had) and what made it so....

I have two. My first is in college I had this Speedo brand brief that was white with a red and yellow stripe that ran along the top. It fit me great and I loved wearing it. The best part was it was thick enough and lined well enough that I could actually swim in it and it did not get sheer (ok, maybe a tiny bit, but not bad). After a while I stopped wearing it to the pool and only wore it to lakes or the beach to avoid the chlorine. I loved that suit.

My second was a black background suit with a awesome series of inset stripes that swept across the front. It had narrower sides, maybe two inches, and it fit me really well. I'd hang out in the Summer in that suit. It lasted for years. I accidently left it at a race several years back. I still get mad at myself thinking about how I just must have left it on the floor of the post race changing tent (triathlon). I hope it found a good home! It was my first suit with narrower sides... I since have some even more narrow, but you always remember your first...lol

Byron
03-24-2012, 04:25 PM
A very simple reply: just a plain white - very brief and a great fit
(a Swordfish brand - not seen any more).
I don't usually favor white without a good tan but this was on a beach in Spain and I probably remember hot for the eye candy as well as for me and the sun !

LongIsland Tom
03-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Red Speedo Solar.

PSDave
03-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Love all my 100% nylon, but the favorite is a black Fila suit. Very low rise so fit low on the hips.

The other, also 100% nylon and they are a no-name that I got in France that are a very brief bikini in blue and white stripes.

Crail
03-25-2012, 06:26 AM
OK, keep in mind that my small collection was/is for my personal satisfaction and not for swimming. My favorite was a cobalt blue Buns Bikini from Undergear; center seam in the back (providing nice definition) with contoured pouch. Yeah, not really for swimming; at least as far as I know. :: silly grin ::

louis
03-25-2012, 11:58 AM
white speedo solar and black speedo aquaweb, wish I could get the aquaweb in white.

louis
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
sorry correction speedo aquablade not aquaweb.

Byron
03-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Dommage - only black, navy blue, and royal blue, it seems

I'll be brief
03-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Blue and white striped Speedo 100% nylon, it was front lined but it did not do much when wet. I bought it in 1978 and wore it until the only thing left was the drawstring, which I still have.

Black and white TYR techno plaid.

I'll be brief

Swimmboy
03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
I love my Turbo orange-and-yellow water polo/swim brief that says "Orange County" on the right front and back, with 2" sides. Brief and HOT!

kumu
03-30-2012, 11:19 AM
White Solar
looks great, feels great
its like they read my mind when they designed that suit

Lycraluver
04-01-2012, 05:51 AM
A yellow Speedo with 1" sides and a seam at the rear which I believe is what you call a Solar type.