PDA

View Full Version : My imagination or one size up

louis
02-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Or is it my eyess playing tricks on me.
Referring to Aussie in speedos pics, they seem to wear them lind of saggy and loose, is it a custom for them to wear them that way or what.

I also often view the Sydney mardi gras yearly parads on youtube and all the life savers with pride taking part in the parade all seem to have there red aussibum suits rather a bit saggy (or loose)

Also I have purchased many suits from Australia via the internet and notice that I should have ordered 1 size smaller, ex: the red speedo endurance suit was a sz. 34 (16 in Oz sz. if my memory is correct) exclude nylon suits of course as they do not sterch like aussibums and caussies.

Lap Counter
02-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Aussie lifesavers seem to like their "cossies" loose, letting what's inside stick out more prominently than U.S. Speedo guys, who downsize for support and control.

What I don't understand is why they bare their buns.

dorcas3
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
The reason they bare their buns by pulling the suit thong like into their ass crack is that the bare skin will not slip on the wet seat of the boat while rowing. These craft are launched through surf and the whole inside gets wet as well as the crew during the breaktrough thru the surf.

NJHunkguy
02-08-2012, 06:33 PM
The reason they bare their buns by pulling the suit thong like into their ass crack is that the bare skin will not slip on the wet seat of the boat while rowing. These craft are launched through surf and the whole inside gets wet as well as the crew during the breaktrough thru the surf.
OH! That's the reason. I was always wonder why.

dorcas3
02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
You will notice that virtually all the guys hike up their briefs and there are many by standers around who think nothing of it. They have a lot of competitions doing this because of the many clubs that do this. Modesty does out the window just like it does in a way in pool swimming and diving competition-there is an entirely different atmosphere the main thing is how well the guys do. It is quite common to see young guys with hards on just like it's part of the show. Look at wrestlers and even bikers-I get wood many times on my road bike but I just get off the bike when it's time an do my thing-usually have a lot of precum that will start to show through the fabric sometimes-but you are not nessesarily thinking of getting it on with somebody but just that you are having a good time and performed up to your standards. Good to get over it-everybody knows that the package is there and people like to see others having a good time.

Byron
02-09-2012, 06:35 AM
;) Yes - I am sure that LC has pinpointed the intended AB style and that downsizing is not expected.

LOL - the lifesaver guys are indeed trying to get the cumbersome surfboat out through the powerful rollers, as fast and as straight as they can. It is not easy for each rower to make an accurate stroke with a long heavy oar at this point and he therefore needs to be 'glued' to his seat for maximum stability, which can be achieved through the skin of a bare butt better than the fabric of his speedo; hence the hike of the suit (which is usually released to normal fit on return to the beach after a race).

These pre-launch preparations can often be spotted on location videos
(Chris Geary at Bondi perhaps ? - I must check).

dorcas3
02-09-2012, 11:54 AM
It is my understanding that the regular on duty guards are modifying the suits to more of a boxer type but the clubs are keeping with the briefs.I have to admit for all around comfort in out of the water activities which require a lot of moving around that rather short shorts worn commando are more comfortable in letting the air circulate around your goods. Easier to hike up a little and let hang out Too.